Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
scatrinomee, i had the same issue. You should update BIOS to the latest version from official site. DVMT-prealloc will stay the same. Note, that if you reset your BIOS to default settings, DVMT-prealloc value also will reset.

scatrinomee, i had the same issue. You should update BIOS to the latest version from official site. DVMT-prealloc will stay the same. Note, that if you reset your BIOS to default settings, DVMT-prealloc value also will reset.
So just so I make sure this is clear, before I go and mess everything up, I had to downgrade my BIOS so that I could disable Secure Boot and it would allow clover through. So what I'm understanding, if I upgrade my BIOS now... since it is already configured to boot with clover if I upgrade them it will still allow clover through? I just want to confirm before I go and mess with things :) thanks!!

edit: I have the 1080p model so I literally did nothing to the BIOS except downgrade them to 1.14.

Last edited:
scatrinomee, yes, BIOS updating doesn't change your settings.

scatrinomee, yes, BIOS updating doesn't change your settings.
I'm not necessarily talking about the settings but I'm talking about the Security Safeguard protection that is implemented in all the versions of Lenovo's BIOS after 1.14.

I have BIOS version 3.03 and dual boot Hackintosh/Windows using Clover. All that you changed in 1.14 version will stay after upgrade.

Last edited:
Could someone link me to "Post #1 Problem Reporting"?

Either I'm totally blind, or it's not easy to find as it should be, I've looked at all the stickied posts, and searched for it too. Nada.

Thanks

Could someone link me to "Post #1 Problem Reporting"?

Either I'm totally blind, or it's not easy to find as it should be, I've looked at all the stickied posts, and searched for it too. Nada.

Thanks
The last section of Post #1.

I have everything working on my UHD model except for the display, and that seems to be due to the pixelclock.

When I run:
Code:
./XPS9530.sh --patch-pixelclock
I receive the following output:
Code:
[CoreDisplay]: Patching CoreDisplay for maximum pixel clock
[CoreDisplay]: Current CoreDisplay md5 is ce726e38a99d9a6958c8694b1f5f57cb
         --> Unknown CoreDisplay version (ce726e38a99d9a6958c8694b1f5f57cb) or already patched (no action taken)
         Do you want to try and apply the patch nontheless?

When I apply the patch, it causes the display to go "strobe light" when I boot normally (HDMI works though).
I did set the DVMT-prealloc to 128mb by downgrading the BIOS and using setup_var 0x18C 0x4.

Thanks very much!

Edit: Will happily pay for a few coffees to the person who can solve my issue. :)

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • io-reg.zip
    370.9 KB · Views: 68
  • kext-stats.txt
    564 bytes · Views: 74
  • patchmatic-extract.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.