Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a perfectly working 4k y50-70 running el cap but thinking about updating to sierra. I hate to be 'that guy' but I'll ask anyway. Will this guide work with sierra and if so, what still won't work?

Sorry if I'm asking a redundant question. The information on the status of 10.12 and this machine are scattered through posts in this thread and others and I'm having trouble determining how well everything runs. Thanks.

I have a perfectly working 4k y50-70 running el cap but thinking about updating to sierra. I hate to be 'that guy' but I'll ask anyway. Will this guide work with sierra and if so, what still won't work?

Sorry if I'm asking a redundant question. The information on the status of 10.12 and this machine are scattered through posts in this thread and others and I'm having trouble determining how well everything runs. Thanks.

If you update to the newest kexts via the script used in the guide, and use USB to update, you should be able to get it fully running. The only difference between yours and mine is the UHD screen. Y50 does not seem to require some problematic patches that other devices do. However, some patches are still required, which are provided by the Issues with 10.12 thread
The only difference I have between 10.12 and 10.11 is that USB mouse does not disable touchpad. But like RehabMan has explained, it's a change in the usb stack coding in Sierra.

If you update to the newest kexts via the script used in the guide, and use USB to update, you should be able to get it fully running. The only difference between yours and mine is the UHD screen. Y50 does not seem to require some problematic patches that other devices do. However, some patches are still required, which are provided by the Issues with 10.12 thread
The only difference I have between 10.12 and 10.11 is that USB mouse does not disable touchpad. But like RehabMan has explained, it's a change in the usb stack coding in Sierra.

TBH the trackpad on our y50's are pretty crap anyway and I use it only as a last resort. Thanks for the info. I think I'll give it a shot.

I think you forgot to set DVMT-prealloc correctly.

Thanks for the tip, however I'm seeing the same problem after successfully setting the DVMT-prealloc by downgrading the BIOS and using setup_var 0x18C 0x4

Thanks for the tip, however I'm seeing the same problem after successfully setting the DVMT-prealloc by downgrading the BIOS and using setup_var 0x18C 0x4

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Is there anyway to tap and drag on Sierra without having to click the button?

Last edited:
Hi do you know where is the Selection"without cache" in the newest clover version

It has been removed from the latest Clover.
Three choices:
- add -f boot argument (Clover options)
OR
- use an older Clover that has it
OR
- build a custom Clover that has it

It has been removed from the latest Clover.
Three choices:
- add -f boot argument (Clover options)
OR
- use an older Clover that has it
OR
- build a custom Clover that has it

thanks a lot! I turn back to older Clover and try "without cache" and it doesn't solve the audio problem, and finally I repeat "./installdownloads.sh" ,then it worked
There must be something wrong that I missed while first installation

A good guide! thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back