Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I installed OSX El Capitan 10.11.2 thanks to this guide and I'm very happy with my laptop and OS X! But there are a few things that I would resolve like these:
  • Pc's fans work a lot and i heard their sound, with windows this doesn't happen... Is there any solution?
  • In windows there is a tool called "Intel HD Graphics" that's very helpful with display settings, "Energy manager" is helpful too... there is any similar app in OS X ?
You're great!
P.s. Is there any method to see battery life (like screen on time, or other)?

You did not follow the guide. If you need analysis, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

You did not follow the guide. If you need analysis, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Certainly I follow the guide. I read all first post, but I don't understand what I have to do... I'm new in hackintosh field, sorry...

The kexts for BCM94352 have no effect on your Intel bluetooth.
Intel WiFi/Bluetooth is not supported.

Yes i know, but bluetooth was working before i installed the kext bundle of your Git repo, i just want to know if i need to disable BT of BCM94352 and leave only Intel BT kext. Thanx in advance

Yes i know, but bluetooth was working before i installed the kext bundle of your Git repo, i just want to know if i need to disable BT of BCM94352 and leave only Intel BT kext. Thanx in advance

Unrelated. Your bluetooth problem is likely due to not having a firmware uploader for it. Boot into Windows to load firmware on your unsupported bluetooth controller, then restart into OS X.

Hello RehabMan, as you probably already know, the Intel HD 4600 is having some minor issues in macOS Sierra.
(many videos on webpages visited using safari instantly crash the whole computer.)
I know that this guide is intended for El Capitan but not Sierra, but Sierra works flawless for me except for this issue.
I have found a solution by @hemon. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-safari-freezing-and-reboot.202377/page-2#post-1335971)
Could it be possible to add this patch to your pre-made config.plist? Again, this is not made by me and completely Hemon's work.

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

It would be great if you could add this fix because without it Safari crashes the whole system multiple times in a single hour and therefore makes it unusable. Thank you

EDIT: ofcourse I tried it and my Y50-70 is a perfect Hackbook Pro after this patch, thank you for your great work.

Hello RehabMan, as you probably already know, the Intel HD 4600 is having some minor issues in macOS Sierra.
(many videos on webpages visited using safari instantly crash the whole computer.)
I know that this guide is intended for El Capitan but not Sierra, but Sierra works flawless for me except for this issue.
I have found a solution by @hemon. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/sierra-safari-freezing-and-reboot.202377/page-2#post-1335971)
Could it be possible to add this patch to your pre-made config.plist? Again, this is not made by me and completely Hemon's work.

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 10.12.x</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SImLqAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>kJCQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

It would be great if you could add this fix because without it Safari crashes the whole system multiple times in a single hour and therefore makes it unusable. Thank you

EDIT: ofcourse I tried it and my Y50-70 is a perfect Hackbook Pro after this patch, thank you for your great work.

That solution is already linked here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Hey. I've just updated my system to 10.12.1 and volume keys and brightness up are working, but brightness down is not. But it's not the big issue, the problem is that my Wi-Fi stopped working. It worked on El Capitan and 10.12.0 like a charm, a now "No hardware installed". Tried updating Clover, kexts and everything from the first post regarding updates/upgrades. Do you happen to know if I can repair it somehow?

I honestly have considered going down to 10.11 since it's far less buggy
But for the wifi problem, there are 3 additional patches you need for 10.2.1beta3+
The brightness down key may need to be remapped. I currently don't have time to look at it, so maybe Rehabman has some light to shed on it

I honestly have considered going down to 10.11 since it's far less buggy
But for the wifi problem, there are 3 additional patches you need for 10.2.1beta3+
The brightness down key may need to be remapped. I currently don't have time to look at it, so maybe Rehabman has some light to shed on it

Thank you for you answer. Could you tell me what patches do I need for wifi and where can I find them?

After Update Sierra to 10.12.1 WIFI card on y50-70 won't work. Can't find a Network Adapter. I try reinstall kext. but witout any positive result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back