Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried with several usb mice on Sierra. IOReg does not register any of them as pointing devices. Instead they all get labeled as IOUSBHostHIDDevice. I'm thinking we may need to add that to the argument

Note that HIDDefaultBehavior=Mouse. Obviously, something has changed. I think I'll wait until they are done churning...

Note that HIDDefaultBehavior=Mouse. Obviously, something has changed. I think I'll wait until they are done churning...

Good idea, I'm done with messing with it as well. Simply telling daemon to scan for IOUSBHostHIDDevice along with pointer isn't fixing it

Good idea, I'm done with messing with it as well. Simply telling daemon to scan for IOUSBHostHIDDevice along with pointer isn't fixing it

Too many things would match IOUSZBHostHIDDevice. It will end up more involved than that (the code must find only mice).

Too many things would match IOUSZBHostHIDDevice. It will end up more involved than that (the code must find only mice).

If you search IOUSBHostHIDDevice, only the 2 usb mice pop up in my ioreg. Unless I'm misreading something

Hello, I found out one more issue: for my UHD model. When laptop wakes up from sleep, screen is black and pc is frozen for good. Fn+F1 combo doesn't help. Is there a solution to that?

Hello, I found out one more issue: for my UHD model. When laptop wakes up from sleep, screen is black and pc is frozen for good. Fn+F1 combo doesn't help. Is there a solution to that?

Is it only when the computer auto sleeps, or is it when you make it sleep with F1?
Did you disable hibernate?

@masterscarhead1 I did disable hibernate.

When i put computer to sleep with Fn+F1 and wake it fast, then it works fine.
When the computer actually starts sleeping then after wake I have this issue:

Code:
Black screen after wake (UHD only): Some owners of the UHD model report that on wake from sleep, the screen comes on for a second, only to turn black.

Screen appears for half a sec and then turns black.

I had to press power button twice to see the screen blink.

BIOS version: 3.03 with patched DVMT-prealloc.

I disabled autosleep to prevent that.

If you search IOUSBHostHIDDevice, only the 2 usb mice pop up in my ioreg. Unless I'm misreading something

Have you plugged in all possible USB devices that exist in the world into your laptop? Yeah, didn't think so...

hi trying to install 10.12 beta over my 10.11.5 build
how did you do it
installed from app store or usb?
any tricks or any files needed for installation?

hi trying to install 10.12 beta over my 10.11.5 build

That would be a mistake. Install to a separate partition. 10.12 is too unstable/buggy for daily use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back