Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in Dutch, but I hope this explains

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2016-07-03 om 16.27.18.png
    Schermafbeelding 2016-07-03 om 16.27.18.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 118
It's in Dutch, but I hope this explains
I isnt a fail. It says you un plugged USB disk but don't do that. If you want remove usb correctly you should remove usb icon from desktop screen to draggig trash bin icon. Like "Safely remove USB" in Windows

I just assumed it would work since model is the same and reviews made it sound easy.. Is whitelisting hard to do? Can you point me to a how-to?

"Works perfectly in a Lenovo Y50 with Mac OS X El Capitan!"
"Perfect Hackintosh card, with some patches - 5Ghz, Handoff, HotSpot, all is working."
"I know this chipset (bcm4352) works very well. I have used it in many PC computers running OS X"

You will have to extract bios and upload it to another forum I believe
I have never done it before, but I've supplied the card ID required for lenovo use which Rehabman had put on the first post, so you're on your own mate

NO, the literal translation is: ''power for USB-device. Connect 'cruzer blade' to a USB-port of this mac.''

NO, the literal translation is: ''power for USB-device. Connect 'cruzer blade' to a USB-port of this mac.''

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Rehabman, got a few questions for you (regarding the new Sierra beta DP2), I'll start with the hiccups during the install
So, first off, VoodooPS2Controller prevents the installation from installing (KP attached below). Had to install using usb (sans kext), couldn't do direct update.
So without it, install works fine. BUT, after install, on boot, KP again, due to the patch we had for IOAcceleratorFamily2, so removing that from config.plist allows booting (too fast to catch kp, but indicated in console crash report)
Wifi now becomes an issue, but with dark void's patch for the chip in config.plist, it works good.
Sound and bt works

Now here are the problems (I redid all the kext installs already, I'll upload efi right after this):
VoodooPS2Controller doesn't seem to be fully working. Keyboard mapping I did previously works, but you can't swap ctrl, opt, or cmd. The option to auto-disable touchpad is not present either. Fn+volume or brightness doesn't work either, neither does detection of mouse being plugged in, so I imagine part of the kext doesn't work.
Another minor problem now is that the AirPlay Button is always in the task bar now, even though there are no airplay options, and airplay is off. I wonder if there's something wrong with the display config? (Image attached)
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.53.27 PM.png
Another thing is that the App Store will allow download of apps, but it won't let me update system apps like iTunes 12.5 or macOS Recovery HD update 1.0. I dunno whether this has to do with settings, or whether it's a bug on their server end and it simply isn't available yet, (my timezone is 12 hrs faster than Cupertino), or trying to update to the same version (since I have the version it wants to update to)

*Note* - for others who want to try Sierra, WAIT, there are things I did I didn't describe in detail. Unless you are very good at debugging, wait for Rehabman and I to figure it out!
IMG_20160708_1845151.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Rehabman, got a few questions for you (regarding the new Sierra beta DP2), I'll start with the hiccups during the install
So, first off, VoodooPS2Controller prevents the installation from installing (KP attached below). Had to install using usb (sans kext), couldn't do direct update.

You need to update to the latest kext before starting the update.

So without it, install works fine. BUT, after install, on boot, KP again, due to the patch we had for IOAcceleratorFamily2,

There is no patch for IOAccelerator2 in my guide.

Wifi now becomes an issue, but with dark void's patch for the chip in config.plist, it works good.

New patch. The repo will be updated eventually...

Now here are the problems (I redid all the kext installs already, I'll upload efi right after this):
VoodooPS2Controller doesn't seem to be fully working.

The problem with brightness, volume keys, etc is a known problem. It is a change in the system. It affects other software too such as Karabiner. Hopefully Apple will fix.

There is no patch for IOAccelerator2 in my guide.

It's the patch for the garble on boot.
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AQAAdRc=</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AQAAdBc=</data>
Once I deleted it, boot was fine. There were other threads referencing that patch has caused KP's in the past OS update iterations.

The problem with brightness, volume keys, etc is a known problem. It is a change in the system. It affects other software too such as Karabiner. Hopefully Apple will fix.

Also, what about mouse plug in not being detected, and the disable touchpad with external mouse option not present etc? Trackpad option is completely blank under syspref!

And if we did a remap of the keyboard, could we fix this? Meaning if I mapped the ctrl fn brightness and volume keys, would we be able to fix it?
You need to update to the latest kext before starting the update.
I was already on the newest kext (build date 0616) with Clover 3590 + cloverx64 version 3595. It later allowed some PS2 functions on Sierra, but NOT for install. I tried it just now, and still no go :(

Last edited:
It's the patch for the garble on boot.
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.10.x/10.11.x</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AQAAdRc=</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AQAAdBc=</data>
Once I deleted it, boot was fine. There were other threads referencing that patch has caused KP's in the past OS update iterations.

That is for IOGraphicsFamily, not IOAccelerator2.

There is a new one available if you search for it...

Also, what about mouse plug in not being detected,

No idea what you mean.

and the disable touchpad with external mouse option not present etc? Trackpad option is completely blank under syspref!

These are changes in the system. Will be interesting if they are removing these (used in older Macs) or if they will come back in a later release.

And if we did a remap of the keyboard, could we fix this? Meaning if I mapped the ctrl fn brightness and volume keys, would we be able to fix it?

I'm going to wait on further investigation until later betas. Since it affects very popular software (Karabiner) that is used on real Macs, I'm guessing the problem will eventually be fixed (the problem is with NX keys in keymap).

I was already on the newest kext (build date 0616) with Clover 3590 + cloverx64 version 3595. It later allowed some PS2 functions on Sierra, but NOT for install. I tried it just now, and still no go :(

I have no issue with latest VoodooPS2Controller.kext. Make sure you check your EFI/Clover/kext content.

The panic image you posted is a little hard to read the version of VoodooPS2Keyboard, but it certainly doesn't seem possible it is 1.8.24.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back