Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that for some reason my laptop has the smbios of Macbook11,1 but it is shown as a 13 inch retina macbook pro even though the screen is 15.6".

I mean that for some reason my laptop has the smbios of Macbook11,1 but it is shown as a 13 inch retina macbook pro even though the screen is 15.6".

Does not matter. Cosmetic only.

Oh ok, I was just wondering because if i choose default display in sys prefs the on screen items become very small. If i choose a
Ok, the only problem I have now is that the default display provides items on screen that are too small. I have tried using 1600x900 but it is not sharp at all. Is there a way to fix this? I've followed your guide on how to do it but the option doesn't show for me in the sys pref -> displays even if I hold option and click scaled.

Thanks for the help

Oh ok, I was just wondering because if i choose default display in sys prefs the on screen items become very small. If i choose a

Ok, the only problem I have now is that the default display provides items on screen that are too small. I have tried using 1600x900 but it is not sharp at all. Is there a way to fix this? I've followed your guide on how to do it but the option doesn't show for me in the sys pref -> displays even if I hold option and click scaled.

Thanks for the help

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

You need specifically the revision for Lenovo and Dell devices, not any old BCM94352Z

I bought this one without realizing not all of them would work. Will this work?

I bought a 1 TB SSD to go with my full hd y50 and want to make triple boot setup (El capitan, W10, Ubuntu) i looked around but couldn't find guide for double boot, or an order recommendation for triple boot. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I bought this one without realizing not all of them would work. Will this work?

I bought a 1 TB SSD to go with my full hd y50 and want to make triple boot setup (El capitan, W10, Ubuntu) i looked around but couldn't find guide for double boot, or an order recommendation for triple boot. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Dual boot is covered in the main Clover guide (linked from post #1). Triple boot isn't much different (install UEFI).

No, that is not a Dell or Lenovo chip. You will have to unlock the bios and the whitelist in order to get that card to work

I just assumed it would work since model is the same and reviews made it sound easy.. Is whitelisting hard to do? Can you point me to a how-to?

"Works perfectly in a Lenovo Y50 with Mac OS X El Capitan!"
"Perfect Hackintosh card, with some patches - 5Ghz, Handoff, HotSpot, all is working."
"I know this chipset (bcm4352) works very well. I have used it in many PC computers running OS X"

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

I have a question regarding the USB-slots in my laptop: My laptop seems to be able to give give power for only one slot. When I put in a usb with a mouse for example, it says connect power to the USB-port of this mac. Can you help me?

Hi Rehabman,

I have a question regarding the USB-slots in my laptop: My laptop seems to be able to give give power for only one slot. When I put in a usb with a mouse for example, it says connect power to the USB-port of this mac. Can you help me?

Show screen shot. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back