Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone update Y50 FHD to El Capitan 10.11.5? Are there any issues or drivers not working?

Hey RehabMan
if i installed OS X 10.10 would i still be required to deal with the DVMT issue ?
i think that this problem popped since OS X 10.10.3 , right ?

Hey RehabMan
if i installed OS X 10.10 would i still be required to deal with the DVMT issue ?
i think that this problem popped since OS X 10.10.3 , right ?

Same requirements for DVMT on 10.10 and 10.11.

Has anyone update Y50 FHD to El Capitan 10.11.5? Are there any issues or drivers not working?

I am using it now and have no issues

I am using it now and have no issues
Cprovatas, thanks for ur reply.
Did you upgraded it from app store? Do u need to install any new Kexts after installing the OS?

No my installation of the hackintosh was with the latest version. I installed the standard kexts from the tutorial. Only did some minor tweaking in the config.plist to get imessage/5ghz to work

No my installation of the hackintosh was with the latest version. I installed the standard kexts from the tutorial. Only did some minor tweaking in the config.plist to get imessage/5ghz to work
Thanks for your reply once again, i will try updating my pc now, wish me luck lol. Btw, how did u get IMessage and FaceTime work? i can only send and receive my own call n text.

Thanks for your reply once again, i will try updating my pc now, wish me luck lol. Btw, how did u get IMessage and FaceTime work? i can only send and receive my own call n text.
Use clover configurator to get ROM SMBIOS values and add them to your config.plist, there are many tutorials on how to do this. Also to get it fully working I had to set TrustDevice to YES in config.plist

Use clover configurator to get ROM SMBIOS values and add them to your config.plist, there are many tutorials on how to do this. Also to get it fully working I had to set TrustDevice to YES in config.plist
I have actually done those but I can only log in to FaceTime and iMessage, i could send text messages to my friends but i can't receive anything...

I have actually done those but I can only log in to FaceTime and iMessage, i could send text messages to my friends but i can't receive anything...
I was in a similar position I think and I just went to config.plist and set TrustDevice to YES and it worked for me.. the bootup takes a second or two more but haven't had issues since. Also you should sign out and sign back on iCloud and iMessage and check iMessage Debug to make sure your ROM/Serial Number values aren't changing when you restart you computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back