Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo u310/u410 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. ACPIBacklight.kext

As previously hinted, I have since reinstalled OS X (Trying to perfect the technique). I tried each ACPIBacklight.kext to see if the results experienced earlier were replicated. The results were indeed the same:-
2014/10/16 - Boots to desktop. Brightness control as per this guide.
2015/07/15 - Illuminated black screen midway through booting. Does not reach desktop.
2015/08/13 - Boots to desktop. Brightness control as per this guide.

As expected. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks for latest version.

Finally brightness slider is full working for me.
1) Install AcpiBacklight.kext from 2015/08/13 (maybe the older one works too, I don't know)
2) Use graphics_PNLF-Lenovo-Ux10b.txt patch (i didn't test graphics_PNLF-Lenovo-Ux10a.txt)
3) I created patch (by your quide) which enable Lenovo default brightness key control
HTML:
into method label _Q71 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;
into method label _Q70 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;

Thanks for latest version.

ACPIBacklight.kext has worked on this laptop for a very long time.

Just the one version (with changes for 10.11) didn't work with certain ACPI implementations.

It will be interesting to see what happens with u310/u410 with 10.11.

1. Wifi Issue

All signs point to the radio being turned off (eg. greyed out 'Turn wifi on' button in 'Windows Mobility Centre'). I think the trigger was me plugging in an ethernet connection whilst already being on wifi, but don't know why that would turn the radio off. It's comforting that you (Lazarus) have faced this issue as my repeated bashing of Fn+F5/F7 was not proving fruitful and I was fearing for my mobo antenna. Fortunately I am dual booting OS X and Windows 7, so if you could let me know the name of the program it would be appreciated.

EDIT: Problem solved. Brilliant! Downloaded 'Lenovo Energy Management' for Windows 7. Once installed, Fn+F7 will bring up an option to turn the radio back on.

Thank you, that's a relief. EDIT END

Yup, that's the one. Should people have this problem in the future, this should be the link to the needed energy manager software to turn the radio back on. And I am still curious what tells it to go off, because like you it worked for me at first.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds030145

ACPIBacklight.kext has worked on this laptop for a very long time.

Just the one version (with changes for 10.11) didn't work with certain ACPI implementations.

It will be interesting to see what happens with u310/u410 with 10.11.

I use El Capitan Public Beta 4 with your ACPIBacklight.kext and no problem.

edit: OK, one problem. Lowest brightness level in display settings isn't real lowest level. And speed of brightness steps is slower than sound steps.

And one question. PrtSc key disable touchpad. Can i change it on screenshot? I tried set shortcuts in keyboard settings but PrtSc key not work when shortcut is recorded.

Once again, I apologize for my English.

I use El Capitan Public Beta 4 with your ACPIBacklight.kext and no problem.

edit: OK, one problem. Lowest brightness level in display settings isn't real lowest level. And speed of brightness steps is slower than sound steps.

I don't think that is anything new.

And one question. PrtSc key disable touchpad. Can i change it on screenshot? I tried set shortcuts in keyboard settings but PrtSc key not work when shortcut is recorded.

Create a custom profile...

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping

When installing Clover, I want to add FakeSMC and PS2Controller. Which one shall I add? The .h or the .cpp files?

When installing Clover, I want to add FakeSMC and PS2Controller. Which one shall I add? The .h or the .cpp files?

Neither.

Read the README for download locations.

Neither.

Read the README for download locations.

Ok sorry, found the download link. In there is only a file with no ending like .kext.

Is the one in this folder the right one?

D:\RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\MacOS

Ok sorry, found the download link. In there is only a file with no ending like .kext.

Is the one in this folder the right one?

D:\RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\MacOS

Huh?

FakeSMC.kext is the kext. It is not a file. Kexts are directories.

Note: Building an installer USB requires OS X. It cannot be done in Windows as Windows does not have access to the Mac App Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back