Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guide is for a Broadwell model, but your profile indicates Haswell.
So perhaps the USB port configuration is different.
See USB guides linked from the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And perhaps your audio codec is different as well.
Make sure you're using the correct layout-id that matches AppleALC support for your audio codec.

Also, you should NOT have AppleHDA related patches in config.plist when using AppleALC.
For USB port configuration (Specifically for Camera), I tried following link, but unfortunately couldn't found my device id (8086,9c31) in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl so I couldn't able to proceed further.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I attached two plists, when I used "config-haswell" plist then camera is working but audio, battery status is not working. But when I used config.plist(This is the same file as provided in this guide for Broadwell) then devices are working fine except camera.

Moreover I installed AppleALC and now audio is working natively but just one problem I encountered that when i used headphones for the first time then it works fine but when I plugged it again then I only hear noise.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• config-haswell.plist
    18.7 KB · Views: 177
  • config.plist
    16.2 KB · Views: 177
For USB port configuration (Specifically for Camera), I tried following link, but unfortunately couldn't found my device id (8086,9c31) in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl so I couldn't able to proceed further.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I attached two plists, when I used "config-haswell" plist then camera is working but audio, battery status is not working. But when I used config.plist(This is the same file as provided in this guide for Broadwell) then devices are working fine except camera.

Moreover I installed AppleALC and now audio is working natively but just one problem I encountered that when i used headphones for the first time then it works fine but when I plugged it again then I only hear noise.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

9c31 corresponds to 9xxx. Read the guide carefully.

Depending on your audio codec, you may need CodecCommander.kext.

9c31 corresponds to 9xxx. Read the guide carefully.

Depending on your audio codec, you may need CodecCommander.kext.
Now I removed all other ports in "SSDT-UIAC" and also attached the file here with PR files. The problem now I am facing that camera is working fine but bluetooth and battery status is not showing any more.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    621 bytes · Views: 108
  • debug_7223.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
Now I removed all other ports in "SSDT-UIAC" and also attached the file here with PR files. The problem now I am facing that camera is working fine but bluetooth and battery status is not showing any more.

What you did is wrong.
Now you have duplicate/conflicting objects between SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-X1CG3.aml.
Two choices:
- integrate SSDT-UIAC.aml changes to UIAC into SSDT-X1CG3.aml, delete SSDT-UIAC.aml
- delete UIAC in SSDT-X1CG3.aml, keep SSDT-UIAC.aml

It is easy to check for these kind of conflicts... From your patchmatic -extract output, try to disassemble: iasl -da -dl *.aml
Note error due to duplicate UIAC:
Code:
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [UIAC], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

What you did is wrong.
Now you have duplicate/conflicting objects between SSDT-UIAC.aml and SSDT-X1CG3.aml.
Two choices:
- integrate SSDT-UIAC.aml changes to UIAC into SSDT-X1CG3.aml, delete SSDT-UIAC.aml

It is easy to check for these kind of conflicts... From your patchmatic -extract output, try to disassemble: iasl -da -dl *.aml
Note error due to duplicate UIAC:
Code:
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [UIAC], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
Now I have followed following instruction but still camera is not working. Audio via headphones works fine only for one time but then no voice from headphone. I have attached *.aml and PR files.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    621 bytes · Views: 101
  • SSDT-X1CG3.aml
    7.3 KB · Views: 83
  • debug_16027.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
Now I have followed following instruction but still camera is not working. Audio via headphones works fine only for one time but then no voice from headphone. I have attached *.aml and PR files.

And along with it "No input device found".

CodeCommander when used with AppleALC requires SSDT-AppleALC.aml (.dsl in CodecCommander repo).

Your camera is on EH01.PR11.HP18, but you're disabling the EHCI controller in your SSDT-X1CG3.aml.

CodeCommander when used with AppleALC requires SSDT-AppleALC.aml (.dsl in CodecCommander repo).

Your camera is on EH01.PR11.HP18, but you're disabling the EHCI controller in your SSDT-X1CG3.aml.
Can you please guide me that how can i do enable EHCI in SSDT-X1CG3.aml ?

Can you please guide me that how can i do enable EHCI in SSDT-X1CG3.aml ?

Read the source code for SSTD-X1CG3 (eg the .dsl). You will probably find where it is using #include for one or more SSDT-DEH*.dsl.

Note: files from my hotpatch repo that everyone copies:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:guide.git rehabman$ ls hotpatch/SSDT-DEH*.dsl
hotpatch/SSDT-DEH01.dsl   hotpatch/SSDT-DEH02.dsl   hotpatch/SSDT-DEHCI.dsl

Read the source code for SSTD-X1CG3 (eg the .dsl). You will probably find where it is using #include for one or more SSDT-DEH*.dsl.

Note: files from my hotpatch repo that everyone copies:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:guide.git rehabman$ ls hotpatch/SSDT-DEH*.dsl
hotpatch/SSDT-DEH01.dsl   hotpatch/SSDT-DEH02.dsl   hotpatch/SSDT-DEHCI.dsl
I copied the mentioned files from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/tree/master/hotpatch. And tried to run following commands but it gives me following error. You can see the attached files.

Ammads-iMac:patches ammad27k$ iasl SSDT-X1CG3.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL+ Optimizing Compiler/Disassembler version 20180427(RM)

Copyright (c) 2000 - 2018 Intel Corporation

Compiler aborting due to parser-detected syntax error(s)

SSDT-DEH02.dsl 4: ck("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_DEH02", 0)

Error 6126 - ^ syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_DEFINITION_BLOCK

SSDT-BAT.dsl 8:

Error 6126 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_EXTERNAL, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

ASL Input: SSDT-BAT.dsl - 8 lines, 1958 bytes, 80 keywords

Compilation complete. 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Attachments

• patches.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back