- Feb 3, 2021
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3)
- Intel Core i7 5600U
- Intel HD 5500 Graphics
Thanks a lot, excellent EFI imageAlso, updated version of my EFI.
Usual disclaimer on dummy serial number, please generate valid one for FaceTime, compile own ACPI hot-patch files etc. OpenCore config will have some settings specific to my locale (default language, wireless region), should be trivial to change (I live in PotatoLand but only ironically).
- OpenCore 0.5.5, accompanying kexts updated to most recent versions where possible (pretty much everything bar CodecCommander and IntelMausi)
- USB Ports mapped, no longer relying on USBInjectAll (yes, I mapped with official docking station so no worries there)
- ACPIBatteryManager.kext replaced with VirtualSMC battery plugin, no longer reports faulty battery but needs long term testing if reporting is correct
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext , BrcmPatchRAM3.kext and other stuff for DW1560 wireless/bluetooth
- Sleep on lid close seems to be better but still hit or miss after a day I'd say it's working fine, might take time to kick in when not on battery but I think that's expected[/edit]
Might retry with DW1820A again and sell DW1560 to some sucker. I swear I'm starting to think some people discourage DW1820A for shady reasons. I'm looking at you, mods at /r/hackintosh locking all DW1820A threads after pinning parroted garbage as top-level comment. This might be tinfoil1000 but I believe they might own a stock of DW1560/DW1830 they need to resell at current absurd prices.
I have replaced the Broadcom kexts with itlwm.kext (itlwm_v1.2.0_stable.kext.zip) and now also the original internal Intel Wireless 7265 card is working (quite stable).
Unfortunately I am struggling with strange behavior I can not get through:
My X1C3 is equipped with Intel HD5500 with touch-screen LCD 2560×1440 resolution (seems to be different then yours with 1920x1080). My problem is that during install (after "transition" from text log into macOS graphical screen - in documentation described as "macOS Handoff" https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/troubleshooting/boot.html#macos-handoff a black screen appears.
With your EFI (and OC 0.5.5) I am able (after 15-20 minutes) "wake it" by pressing ESC key and make the install. With newer OC no luck. Also during the several installation steps I have a black screen (so doing it blind). At the end - when starting the macOS I always need (to access the login screen) press the power button 2x to wake the display.
It looks like a strange "hybernation" issue I am not able to resolve (might relate to toch-screen, resolution, ???).
I would appreciate any hints or help how to solve it (tried already various parameters on boot-args, NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 parameters, WEG fixes ...) but with no effect.