Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T460 Hackintosh 10.11 & Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried following the guide but it doesn't seem like your example file...maybe i try patching the wrong file?

Well, the file you attached in #168 does not have your battery status methods in it.
Typically, the methods are in DSDT.

@RehabMan i followed your guide till the point of disassembling the AML files correctly and i attach a text with all the files finally in the folder....maybe you know which is the correct to patch?

As I stated before and is clear from reading the battery patching guide, battery methods and the related EC fields are generally in DSDT.

Your posts here are off-topic. This thread is for the T460.

It will not be possible to boot without ig-platform-id injection if you're using that SSDT.

By 'it' I assume you mean Clover.
You probably forgot HFSPlus.efi.
OMG.

The HFSPlus.efi seemed to be the issue. Thanks a lot. Install process starts right now.
@aleixsr : Do you mind if we get in direct contact (chat?) for checking last stuff on the t560? I would like to finish my T560 in the way you did. Afterwards i would like to let you attach my "thumb drive" files to your thread.
Difference between my settings and yours are:
-Instead of a t460 i use a t560
-Instead of El Capitan i use Sierra.

Off Topic: @RehabMan : I really appreciate your help and work. Is it possible to spend you are beer anyhow?

Last edited:
Status update:
System is booting fine, and i got working the following:
  • WLAN (BCM94352Z) (BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext,BrcmPatchRAM2.kext)
  • Brightness (with IntelBacklight.kext and AddPNLF in Clover)
  • LAN (IntelMausiethernet.kext)
  • Touchpad and Trackpoint. Trackpoint is not perfect, yet. (But I took the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from this thread)
  • USB seems ok too (USBInjectAll.kext)
PROBLEMS:

• I have really problems with getting sound. The AppleHDA_ALC293.kext is in the kext folder of Clover. But here it seems to be solved with a patch. But I can't find a patch for the alc293 in MaciASL.
  • Although my WiFi is working, my Bluetooth is not recognized.

Not tested:
Sleep/Wake and Camera

Any help hardly appreciated (again).

Attachments

• noBT.png
    noBT.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 186
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 115
  • sound1.png
    sound1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 150
  • sound2.png
    sound2.png
    25 KB · Views: 161
  • sound3.png
    sound3.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 139
Status update:
System is booting fine, and i got working the following:
  • WLAN (BCM94352Z) (BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext,BrcmPatchRAM2.kext)
  • Brightness (with IntelBacklight.kext and AddPNLF in Clover)
  • LAN (IntelMausiethernet.kext)
  • Touchpad and Trackpoint. Trackpoint is not perfect, yet. (But I took the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from this thread)
  • USB seems ok too (USBInjectAll.kext)
PROBLEMS:

• I have really problems with getting sound. The AppleHDA_ALC293.kext is in the kext folder of Clover. But here it seems to be solved with a patch. But I can't find a patch for the alc293 in MaciASL.
  • Although my WiFi is working, my Bluetooth is not recognized.

Not tested:
Sleep/Wake and Camera

Any help hardly appreciated (again).

Audio: refer to the ACPI patching guide in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Bluetooth: Assuming you don't see the BT controller in System Info->USB, refer to the USB guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

I did read your FAQ before, but i did a stupid mistake. I did name a file to DSDT, but not DSDT.aml.... After that the patching for Backlight for example worked...
Soundcard is still a problem, but i will try before i ask again...
After the sound, just the Keyboardlayout...

OMG.

The HFSPlus.efi seemed to be the issue. Thanks a lot. Install process starts right now.
@aleixsr : Do you mind if we get in direct contact (chat?) for checking last stuff on the t560? I would like to finish my T560 in the way you did. Afterwards i would like to let you attach my "thumb drive" files to your thread.
Difference between my settings and yours are:
-Instead of a t460 i use a t560
-Instead of El Capitan i use Sierra.

Off Topic: @RehabMan : I really appreciate your help and work. Is it possible to spend you are beer anyhow?

Hello, of course we can chat.
I'm sorry I cannot help you a lot in fact I'm very busy and I cannot read this forum a lot.

Anyway I haven't started with Sierra because I read a lot of people is having issues and I use my T460 at work, so I need a sully stable setup.

Hello, of course we can chat.
I'm sorry I cannot help you a lot in fact I'm very busy and I cannot read this forum a lot.

Anyway I haven't started with Sierra because I read a lot of people is having issues and I use my T460 at work, so I need a sully stable setup.

Until now, the T560 runs quite good with sierra. But there are still a few problems.... the biggest for me is the keyboard and the function keys.... after solving that problem i will be able to upload a clover configuration that runs smooth with sierra....

Regarding chat: How can i get in contact with you? I can't chat in this forum yet :p

Until now, the T560 runs quite good with sierra. But there are still a few problems.... the biggest for me is the keyboard and the function keys.... after solving that problem i will be able to upload a clover configuration that runs smooth with sierra....

Regarding chat: How can i get in contact with you? I can't chat in this forum yet :p
do you have brightness working? i use another voodoops2 kext and it seems trackpad with scrolling etc & f11,f12 keys working ;) using an x260 though but seems the patches are similar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back