Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Lenovo T440 working fully (except for wifi and bluetooth). I'm using a USB wifi adapter. If you need help, message me. :)
Hi Grantfitz, could you please share your T440 pack (clover stuff : config.plist, dsdt.aml, kexts...)?

Hi Grantfitz, could you please share your T440 pack (clover stuff : config.plist, dsdt.aml, kexts...)?

Keep in mind it is always a bad idea to use ACPI files from another computer...

Hey ludacrisvp, do you have any updates on this laptop running El Capitan? I'm looking to pick up a t440s and want to install OSX on it. Looks pretty compatible, other than dealing with the WiFi whitelist, etc.

Hey ludacrisvp, do you have any updates on this laptop running El Capitan? I'm looking to pick up a t440s and want to install OSX on it. Looks pretty compatible, other than dealing with the WiFi whitelist, etc.

I don't use it much as I've been using a real MBP mid 2014 15" as my main machine.

However, I did install El Capitan and everything works fine. I do believe that I did have to make some USB changes as El Capitan redesigned USB support.

The wifi whitelist sucks. And if you want "fn" key support you will have to adjust the methods in the DSDT / SSDT as appropriate.

If you get stuck with something specific I could boot it up and see what I had to do.

I don't use it much as I've been using a real MBP mid 2014 15" as my main machine.

However, I did install El Capitan and everything works fine. I do believe that I did have to make some USB changes as El Capitan redesigned USB support.

The wifi whitelist sucks. And if you want "fn" key support you will have to adjust the methods in the DSDT / SSDT as appropriate.

If you get stuck with something specific I could boot it up and see what I had to do.
Thank you very much for your offer to help me. I will hopefully end up with a T440s within the next week or so.

Also, as for the whitelist: I'm prepared to buy the tools and flash a modified BIOS if I have to. However, did you see this post?
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...0s-allows-to-use-an-unauthorized-Wi-Fi-module

Maybe it's true???

Thank you very much for your offer to help me. I will hopefully end up with a T440s within the next week or so.

Also, as for the whitelist: I'm prepared to buy the tools and flash a modified BIOS if I have to. However, did you see this post?
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thr...0s-allows-to-use-an-unauthorized-Wi-Fi-module

Maybe it's true???
That would be cool if it is true. Once you get it try it out I guess. Would be nice to know for sure then I could technically revert to non modified bios / uefi.

That would be cool if it is true. Once you get it try it out I guess. Would be nice to know for sure then I could technically revert to non modified bios / uefi.
I will be testing it when both the laptop and card come in. I will be ordering the Dell branded BCM94352Z.

What BIOS settings did you use? I cannot boot the installation from clover. It just hangs after three lines while booting.
Which Clover version was on your installation stick and which kexts and config.plist did you use?

What BIOS settings did you use? I cannot boot the installation from clover. It just hangs after three lines while booting.
Which Clover version was on your installation stick and which kexts and config.plist did you use?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Please make sure your profile reflects the laptop you're working on (as requested in the guide). You have "Lenovo Yoga 3 14" but are replying in a thread "Lenovo t440s".

ludacrisvp,

I finally got a hold of one of these laptops. So far I have El Capitan installed and most things seem to be working.

Can you explain exactly which changes you made for the Fn keys? I notice that brightness keys work, but the others do not function as expected.

Also, which method(s) did you use for USB fixes?

Thanks!

Also, can you explain which method you used for ALC292 audio?

EDIT: I got USB working correctly, along with audio. Would still like to know how you fixed the Fn keys though if you ready this.

EDIT 2: Got the WiFi card installed. I can confirm that 2.36 BIOS has the whitelist removed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back