Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman many thanks,

Followed your instructions and have a patched applehda working with dp port out. Now I have another problem, the initial installation of yosemite was a while ago and I am not sure if I used a clean .dls file, seemed so. But now I have a problem with battery power reporting.

I have applied these fixes:
Remove _DSM
Replace Names (sourceforge)
Remove WMI (sourceforge - run 3 times to remove all 3 WMI devices)
Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU
Haswell HD4600 Yosemite
battery lenovo T440p
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
AC Adapter Fix
Add MCHC
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix PNOT/PPNT
Add IMEI
Haswell LPC
Brightness fix (Haswell)
7-series / 8-series USB
Insert DTGP (sourceforge)

and used your latest:
ACPIBacklight.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
FakeSMC.kext

but still the machine reports the ac adapter but no charging indication.. Is this a known issue with the T440p fix as I did not have the problem with the X220 one?

Rehabman many thanks,

Followed your instructions and have a patched applehda working with dp port out. Now I have another problem, the initial installation of yosemite was a while ago and I am not sure if I used a clean .dls file, seemed so. But now I have a problem with battery power reporting.

I have applied these fixes:
Remove _DSM
Replace Names (sourceforge)
Remove WMI (sourceforge - run 3 times to remove all 3 WMI devices)
Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU
Haswell HD4600 Yosemite
battery lenovo T440p
IRQ Fix
SMBUS Fix
AC Adapter Fix
Add MCHC
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
Fix PNOT/PPNT
Add IMEI
Haswell LPC
Brightness fix (Haswell)
7-series / 8-series USB
Insert DTGP (sourceforge)

and used your latest:
ACPIBacklight.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
FakeSMC.kext

but still the machine reports the ac adapter but no charging indication.. Is this a known issue with the T440p fix as I did not have the problem with the X220 one?

T440s may not use same patch as T440p.

Note:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:battery RehabMan$ grep 440 *.txt
battery_Lenovo-T440p.txt:#battery_Lenovo-T440p.txt
battery_Lenovo-T440p.txt:#  Lenovo T440p
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt:#  Lenovo T440s
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt:# sleep related T440s
battery_Lenovo-X220.txt:# sleep releated T440s

As you can see X220 patch is for T440s. 440p likely different.

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

All trackpoint buttons (left click, middle scroll - blue, right click) works only as left button

Also I'm facing problem with usb not working after wake, and not working lid sleep/wake.

EDIT:
I've fixed usb not working after sleep, but still lid sleep and trackpoint buttons are the problem :<

USB fix
Code:
<dict>	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>Enable USB 3.0 after wake for Intel 8 series chipset</string>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	xoDIAAAAAQ==
	</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AppleUSBXHCI</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	xoDIAAAAAA==
	</data>
</dict>

I have a Lenovo T440s and I can't even get it to think about booting into even the installer. The error I get is

Error allocating 0x13 pages at 0x0000000000100000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x09)

This only comes up in safe mode, in verbose mode it just hangs there forever. Any ideas?

I have a Lenovo T440s and I can't even get it to think about booting into even the installer. The error I get is

Error allocating 0x13 pages at 0x0000000000100000 alloc type 2
Error loading kernel cache (0x09)

This only comes up in safe mode, in verbose mode it just hangs there forever. Any ideas?

You probably have the wrong version of Clover or an incorrect Clover setup.

I am using the most recent version of clover and attempting to boot into the Yosemite installer, should I be using an older version? I have tried just about every method of install I can think of, and the USB boots just fine on my existing working hackintosh desktop. i5-4590 and asus z97i-plus.

I am using the most recent version of clover and attempting to boot into the Yosemite installer, should I be using an older version? I have tried just about every method of install I can think of, and the USB boots just fine on my existing working hackintosh desktop. i5-4590 and asus z97i-plus.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Desktop and laptop configurations are different.

This is amazing. Thanks Rehabman and Ludacrisvp. I now have all DSDT edits, SSDTs, and clover for a almost fully functional El Captain OSX on my T440s. It is fast and smooth.

Two issues I could use help on
- the integrated camera does not work OOTB in EL captain and OS does not recognize it.
- It also recognizes 4gb ram when system actually has 8gb.

Any ideas?

I used to run mavericks on this machine with xcpm / acpi kernel patches from Rehabman with similar patches and didnt have camera/ memory problems.

Again - Thanks guys for your amazing work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back