Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I dont have the T430 anymore.
And i dont used the AppleALC.kext. I used the Audio kext from the initial Post.
The mute microphone button was not working - correct. But the microphone works very well with the kext from the first post. The line-in mic i have never tested. Sorry.
On the T430 the volume up/down and the mute button is working correctly.

Hi Guys...
I have a T530 which uses also ALC269, which I got to work with the current AppleALC.kext in combination with the unpatched AppleHDA.
Did anybody realize that the internal microphone is not working with Layout-ID 28, even so a Headset microphone, i.e. iPhone earpods, are working?
I switch to Layout-ID 29 for a test and now all Audio In-/Outputs are working.
Simple issue: the internal microphone is always on... :)
Since the T530, and I guess the T430, have a dedicated "Microphone Mute button", it would be great to have this working in OSX...
View attachment 202800
Since the dedicated "Speaker mute button" and the "Volume control button" already work, I just want to get a hint, if the usage of the "Microphone Mute button" would be activated in the VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
In the DSDT the button seems to be connected to the following snippet:

Code:
                    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC)
                    {
                        Method (_Q6A, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
                        {
                            If (HDMC)
                            {
                                Noop
                            }
                            ElseIf (^HKEY.MHKK (0x04000000))
                            {
                                ^HKEY.MHKQ (0x101B)
                            }
                        }
                    }

Any ideas?

I just change layout-id from 28 to 29, and it's working!

And yes, mute button not work.

backup file for 10.11.3 (audio patch)
Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 9.06.06 PM.png

Attachments

• audio_elcapitan_10.11.3_t430.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I get "error loading kernel cache 0xe" when i try to install el capitan with clover

Hello there,
I followed the guide and got el Capitan working awesome.
But there is something that I have noticed is that the trackpoint is really jerky, I cant use it at all, it seems to work smoothly at higher speeds, even with the sensitivity at the minimum is not really usable, I haven't seen anyone comment on it, maybe I did something wrong or it's just expected and nobody uses it anyway?
Thanks for all the work!

My laptop is this one: http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-t430. does it even capable of running el capitan?

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please fill out your profile as requested in the guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

ok, i added my laptop details in the signature.
About the bootloader, I'm not sure which one I'm using. I think it is the Clover legacy because it has the clover theme and when i changed in the bios to support UEFI only the bootloader didn't boot (sory for my lack of knowledge, I'm new to this).

ok, i added my laptop details in the signature.
About the bootloader, I'm not sure which one I'm using. I think it is the Clover legacy because it has the clover theme and when i changed in the bios to support UEFI only the bootloader didn't boot (sory for my lack of knowledge, I'm new to this).

If you have UEFI, you should probably use Clover UEFI. HD4000/HM77 is supported. Read post #1.

If you have UEFI, you should probably use Clover UEFI. HD4000/HM77 is supported. Read post #1.
Actually, in my first try i followed post #1 and i used clover UEFI but i got that 0xe error. In my second try i used clover laegacy and got the "system uptime in nanoseconds" error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back