Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

YOU CANT UPDATE TO IT NO EFI FILES FOR BIGSUR YET

thank you so much hamza so i have to get access to system files using a file manager then replace the files
No, don't touch system/boot volume, you have to replace it with existing VoodooPS2Controler under /EFI/OC/Kexts/
imean i have to keep my usb flash drive connected to boot to macos if not it will boot automatically to windows or linux
Window/Linux boot entry should show up in OpenCore Bootloader. If it's isn't available then you might need to specify them under "BlessOverride" in config.plist file, or you can also create, or you might need to create custom boot entires (check OpenCore Documentation for details).
YOU CANT UPDATE TO IT NO EFI FILES FOR BIGSUR YET
I'm running Big Sur (just saying), it's not impossible to but need to have understanding of what you are doing.

In EFI/OC/Kexts on the usb flash drive right? I did it but nothing changed the trachpad wont click and num pad wont work too , the wifi is working but i have to type a command in terminal at every boot + can i install the opencore on the pc without using glash drive ? Thank you so much brother pay god bless you

I did it but nothing changed the trachpad wont click and num pad wont work too
Num Lock key should work with VoodooPS2Controller.kext post #271, and Trackpad buttons won't work (at least for now). some people over Acidanthera are trying to fix the Button issue (not specifically for Legion series) and their solution might also work for Legion Y530.
the wifi is working but i have to type a command in terminal at every boot
add Itlwm or AirportItlwm to kexts folder and also update config.plist to load this new kext.
can i install the opencore on the pc without using glash drive
copy your EFI folder from USB to Internal EFI partition and then in BIOS change boot order according. if you can't see the OpenCore entry in BIOS after copying, then you can use EFI Shell to create custom boot entry.

Is there videos or detailed tuttos to do this ? What do i have to update on the plist config file?

add Itlwm or AirportItlwm to kexts folder and also update config.plist to load this new kext.
I did copied this file but the wifi still not working and hd to type the command line again

Attachments

• P_20201217_013201.jpg
    P_20201217_013201.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 41
Good morning Hamza i placed all files on kexts but nothing changed i edited the plist files with my wifi bssid and pswd but still nothing changed i have to type the command to enable it at every boot + the speed is slow im getting 50mbps down and 20 upload and in windows getting 650mbps down and 400mbps up. Why?

I did copied this file but the wifi still not working and hd to type the command line again
Kernel extension shown in image is "AppleIntelWiFi" and not "AirportItlwm".
"AppleIntelWiFi" is older closed-source implementation and it doesn't support network switching from menu bar.
I guess you aren't paying attention, not sure where you got AppleIntelWiFi from as i attached link to Itlwm repostitory.
i placed all files on kexts but nothing changed i edited the plist files with my wifi bssid and pswd
you don't need to edit kexts plist file for AirportItlwm(bssid/pwd), also for AirportItlwm to work you need OpenCore version 0.6.1 or above.
the speed is slow im getting 50mbps down and 20 upload and in windows getting 650mbps down and 400mbps up. Why?
Speed is slow, because it only support 802.11n (20Mhz). and it's mentioned in Itlwm documentation, 40Mhz implementation is being worked on (80Mhz 802.11ac after that).

If you need more speed swap Wi-Fi/BT module with compatible Broadcom module.

On its the vorrect module i just renamed it to intel ... + Can you provide a link for the ooencore 0.6.1 plz coz i downloaded one from ooencore configurator and it wont work thanks so much

Back