Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing Clover to my SSD using RehabMan's guide, but I can't get the EFI partition to mount and instead I'm getting this SYSTEM_DRV showing up when Clover finishes installing. am I missing something in the process?

Use -L flag (to process redirects) with curl.
eg:
Code:
 curl -L --output /tmp/mount_efi.sh https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools/raw/master/mount_efi.sh

SYSTEM_DRV is because you didn't repartition your disk, and the OEM (Lenovo) used SYSTEM_DRV for the volume label for the EFI partition (ESP).

Use -L flag (to process redirects) with curl.
eg:
Code:
 curl -L --output /tmp/mount_efi.sh https://github.com/RehabMan/hack-tools/raw/master/mount_efi.sh

SYSTEM_DRV is because you didn't repartition your disk, and the OEM (Lenovo) used SYSTEM_DRV for the volume label for the EFI partition (ESP).
Thanks for replying. does this mean I won't be able to boot from my SSD unless I repartition it?

Last edited:
Thank for replying. does this mean I won't be able to boot from my SSD unless I repartition it?

As long as you install Clover to the ESP, you should be able to boot from it.

As long as you install Clover to the ESP, you should be able to boot from it.
Is it bad to reinstall Clover more than once without removing the old installation folders? and I've copied the kexts I have on my USB flash drive along with the config.plist and pasted them in the corresponding folders in the SYSTEM_DRV, is this ok?

Is it bad to reinstall Clover more than once without removing the old installation folders?

Does not matter... the Clover installer is just a file copier.

and I've copied the kexts I have on my USB flash drive along with the config.plist and pasted them in the corresponding folders in the SYSTEM_DRV, is this ok?

No idea what you mean by "corresponding folders".

Does not matter... the Clover installer is just a file copier.

No idea what you mean by "corresponding folders".
I mean SYSTEM_DRV/EFI/CLOVER and SYSTEM_DRV/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

OK, but the scripts in the guide may also be keeping EFI/Clover/kexts/Other up-to-date.
I’m still getting this window when I boot from the SSD, and it seems it’s looking for a boot loader for windows(I have windows 10 installed on my HDD).

Attachments

• 4F235D5A-1741-4817-B0BC-9B5AE4FE355C.jpeg
    4F235D5A-1741-4817-B0BC-9B5AE4FE355C.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 63
I’m still getting this window when I boot from the SSD, and it seems it’s looking for a boot loader for windows(I have windows 10 installed on my HDD).

Check your EFI partition to see if Clover is installed there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.57.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 5.57.44 PM.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back