Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot that I have to make my SSD bootable. maybe that's the problem?

I totally forgot that I have to make my SSD bootable. maybe that's the problem?
If you mean Clover, then yes. You can’t expect macOS without Clover installed and with the correct config.plist.

Where I can download the Mojave?

with RehabMan's hwmonitor
The current repo uses VirtualSMC.kext instead of FakeSMC.kext. Therefore, HWMonitor readings aren’t accurate. Use iStats Menus to measure your CPU temp instead. Make sure to install SMCProcessor.kext.

I am talking about stats I gathered from High Sierra (your other guide).The main thing I notice is that the cpu stays on the first step of the fan curve when idling, the temp reading only comes as a confirmation, 36-37C, then when waking up from sleep, I can't go back to the first step of the fan curve, only staying on the second, no matter how much I idle the macine for, agaiin, the temp reading only confirms that, 41-42 C

I am talking about stats I gathered from High Sierra (your other guide).The main thing I notice is that the cpu stays on the first step of the fan curve when idling, the temp reading only comes as a confirmation, 36-37C, then when waking up from sleep, I can't go back to the first step of the fan curve, only staying on the second, no matter how much I idle the macine for, agaiin, the temp reading only confirms that, 41-42 C
I will test with iStat Menus when I have time and report back here.

I tried installing Clover to my SSD using RehabMan's guide, but I can't get the EFI partition to mount and instead I'm getting this SYSTEM_DRV showing up when Clover finishes installing. am I missing something in the process?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.15.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.15.59 PM.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.24.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 3.24.51 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back