Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the signature with all the details of my laptop (Purchased in Spain) and also find attached the files for problem reporting :)

Your BT controller 13d3:3404 is not known for good compatibility. But this ioreg shows it is detected as expected.

The ioreg shows battery status working.
Keep in mind HDD installed systems may require tweaks to battery kext startup with abm_firstpolldelay.
Read here for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Does this mean there is no solution for the bluetooth problem? :/

You have not been clear on what your bluetooth problem is.

You have not been clear on what your bluetooth problem is.
Then, do you know what can I do to solve this problem? How to change this BT controller?

Then, do you know what can I do to solve this problem? How to change this BT controller?

No idea until you provide details on this "bluetooth problem".
You must describe it in detail.
The bluetooth controller is part of your WiFi card.

Also, problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario. If you have a situation where the BT controller is not detected, but then you neglect to collect PR files in that scenario, but rather upload PR files that represent the working scenario, then PR files are not much help...

No idea until you provide details on this "bluetooth problem".
You must describe it in detail.
The bluetooth controller is part of your WiFi card.
Okay, so the problem is that when I boot up the computer bluetooth starts working and after some time 10-20 minutes, all the bluetooth connected devices disconnect and the bluetooth logo up on the toolbar appear as a broken logo. Bluetooth option though is still in the system preferences menu, but can’t turn it on. After sleep it may work, and some other times it does not. This week using High Sierra on a daily basis I tried to look for a pattern, in order to find the cause. The only thing I could find is that sometimes, when I run a heavy program (After Effects) and the fans start spinning, bluetooth stops working. But sometimes it works when that happens. It is as I said earlier random, I did not find any logical pattern. I replaced the WiFi card with the same as yours: AzureWave BCM94352HMB

Okay, so the problem is that when I boot up the computer bluetooth starts working and after some time 10-20 minutes, all the bluetooth connected devices disconnect and the bluetooth logo up on the toolbar appear as a broken logo.

You will need to attach "Problem Reporting" files collected after this happens.

Bluetooth option though is still in the system preferences menu, but can’t turn it on. After sleep it may work, and some other times it does not. This week using High Sierra on a daily basis I tried to look for a pattern, in order to find the cause. The only thing I could find is that sometimes, when I run a heavy program (After Effects) and the fans start spinning, bluetooth stops working. But sometimes it works when that happens. It is as I said earlier random, I did not find any logical pattern.

Sounds like hardware malfunction due to heat.
Maybe the same problem happens on Windows...

I replaced the WiFi card with the same as yours: AzureWave BCM94352HMB

There are many different AW BCM94252HMB cards. Mine has a different BT controller than yours...

You will need to attach "Problem Reporting" files collected after this happens.

Sounds like hardware malfunction due to heat.
Maybe the same problem happens on Windows...

There are many different AW BCM94252HMB cards. Mine has a different BT controller than yours...

Hello Mr. Rehabman,

So today I booted up the computer and bluetooth worked, after some time it stopped but after putting it to sleep for some time it works again. In order to give you a detailed report, I rebooted the computer and from fresh start, bluetooth did not work, I put it to sleep, it still does not work and I cannot access the bluetooth menu in system preferences: Find attached all the files for problem reporting attached to this post. These files were collected with the bluetooth problem. Find also a screenshot of the problem.

Attachments

• Files 9.04.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 217
Hello Mr. Rehabman,

So today I booted up the computer and bluetooth worked, after some time it stopped but after putting it to sleep for some time it works again. In order to give you a detailed report, I rebooted the computer and from fresh start, bluetooth did not work, I put it to sleep, it still does not work and I cannot access the bluetooth menu in system preferences: Find attached all the files for problem reporting attached to this post. These files were collected with the bluetooth problem. Find also a screenshot of the problem.

No bluetooth controller on the USB bus. Likely a hardware problem. Replace WiFi/BT card with new one and test.

Hello, friends :)

I’d like to ask if someone has 10.13.4 installed on an U330.

I have 10.13.0 on my U330 and I’m trying to upgrade to 10.13.4 or 10.13.3 or 10.13.2. I’ve tried the combo upgrades, but they give me an error and I cannot upgrade.
I’ve tried to create a new 10.13.4 installer, and it doesn’t boot.

I’ve upgraded all the kexts using git from Mr Rehabman. I’ve upgraded Clover to r4439.

Please, if you have upgraded, can you tell me how? With the official config.plist, or using the config_install.plist again? Using the combo upgrade? Using which version of Clover?

If I have to attach "Problem Reporting" files, just tell it to me, please,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back