Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RehabMan,
i have a fully working macOS High Sierra on my U430 now.
Only one thing - I have disabled Nvidia in BIOS ...
When I boot with Nvidia enabled, I get the 0 seconds error.
How can I fix this? I'm on dual boot with Windows 10, so it would be very nice if Nvidia would work for windows.
Thanks in advance!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Not necessary as Nvidia is disable in ACPI hotpatch files.
@philivm probably didn't follow the guide properly.

Hello Rehabman,

First of all, thank you for all your guides and help to this forum, thanks to you I've been using Mac OS X on my u430 since 2015! Last week I decided to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.1 and almost everything seems to work. I have the rebranded BCM94352HMB, Wi-Fi works but bluetooth doesn't even appear. Before deleting all the files on my laptop and clean installing High Sierra, I had El Capitan 10.11.4 and bluetooth worked sometimes (and no handoff), I couldn't use airdrop and after some time Bluetooth did not work at all. Now it doesn't show at all. Is there a solution to this issue? I attach you the files you ask for in Problem Reporting and I hope you can help me :)

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
Hello Rehabman,

First of all, thank you for all your guides and help to this forum, thanks to you I've been using Mac OS X on my u430 since 2015! Last week I decided to upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.1 and almost everything seems to work. I have the rebranded BCM94352HMB, Wi-Fi works but bluetooth doesn't even appear. Before deleting all the files on my laptop and clean installing High Sierra, I had El Capitan 10.11.4 and bluetooth worked sometimes (and no handoff), I couldn't use airdrop and after some time Bluetooth did not work at all. Now it doesn't show at all. Is there a solution to this issue? I attach you the files you ask for in Problem Reporting and I hope you can help me :)

Perhaps you mistakenly disabled bluetooth in BIOS, or mistakenly enabled "fast boot" in BIOS.
Or your BT hardware is defective.

Check your BIOS settings and verify your BT hardware is working on Windows.

Perhaps you mistakenly disabled bluetooth in BIOS, or mistakenly enabled "fast boot" in BIOS.
Or your BT hardware is defective.

Check your BIOS settings and verify your BT hardware is working on Windows.

Bluetooth worked on Windows with no problem. Now I do not have Windows, since I only use OS X on my Lenovo, I installed High Sierra formatting the Windows partition. I logged into the BIOS (Screenshots attached) and there is no option to disable Bluetooth nor to enable fast boot. Is there a solution to fix Bluetooth on my High Sierra? Or is it hardware failure? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshots.zip
    5 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Bluetooth worked on Windows with no problem. Now I do not have Windows, since I only use OS X on my Lenovo, I installed High Sierra formatting the Windows partition. I logged into the BIOS (Screenshots attached) and there is no option to disable Bluetooth nor to enable fast boot. Is there a solution to fix Bluetooth on my High Sierra? Or is it hardware failure? Thank you

Test your WiFi/BT hardware on Windows.

I had a similar problem when switching from Sierra to High Sierra. I had to change the patches in the config file to get Bluetooth to work. If I remember correctly, one formerly indispensable patch had to be deactivated as well. You can get the right patches from the file listed here.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

That worked! I patched the config.plist with the link you provided and now it had bluetooth! however, after wake up from sleep it doesn't work and also I rebooted and doesn't work :/ It shows a "broken bluetooth logo" on the toolbar. I have the same problem as in El Capitan, bluetooth works sometimes. Bluetooth works perfectly on Windows though. :/ Trotzdem Danke :)

That worked! I patched the config.plist with the link you provided and now it had bluetooth! however, after wake up from sleep it doesn't work and also I rebooted and doesn't work :/ It shows a "broken bluetooth logo" on the toolbar. I have the same problem as in El Capitan, bluetooth works sometimes. Bluetooth works perfectly on Windows though. :/ Trotzdem Danke :)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_1612.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
Here is the output of the gen_debug.sh. Thanks a lot for your help :)

It seems likely you have "fast boot" enabled in BIOS. As per guide, must be disabled.

And why do you not have the latest 10.13.3 installed?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Note: It is obvious you edited your config.plist with Clover Configurator, even though post #1 clearly advises against it. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back