Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan, I need help I got my U530 to work on Chimera boot-loader, but it doesn't have working sound iMessage, or bluetooth. Whenever I try to use Clover, I get to the Clover boot screen, but after I press enter, it just shows a grey screen, and it never goes anywhere past that. :banghead:I was also wondering if you had a DSDT for the U530 already made, I tried to make a few myself, and they never did anything.

RehabMan, I need help I got my U530 to work on Chimera boot-loader, but it doesn't have working sound iMessage, or bluetooth. Whenever I try to use Clover, I get to the Clover boot screen, but after I press enter, it just shows a grey screen, and it never goes anywhere past that. :banghead:I was also wondering if you had a DSDT for the U530 already made, I tried to make a few myself, and they never did anything.

Follow the guide in post #1.

Hallo RehabMan,

a have a lenovo u340p (like you) and follow step by step your guide, but when start from the HDD ... a see this error, and the lenovo restart again.

I've a complete video of the boot process, if you want to see.

I've reading page and page in Google, but nothing with the solution :(

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f81f62000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>... but
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu... output nothing !! :|

May you help please !!!!. Thank you very much for your work and time

IMG_0394.JPG

Hallo RehabMan,

a have a lenovo u340p (like you) and follow step by step your guide, but when start from the HDD ... a see this error, and the lenovo restart again.

I've a complete video of the boot process, if you want to see.

I've reading page and page in Google, but nothing with the solution :(

kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f81f62000 0x65000 0x65000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>... but
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu... output nothing !! :|

May you help please !!!!. Thank you very much for your work and time

View attachment 149721

Post EFI/Clover folder from HDD.

Hello RehabMan,

thank you for your fast reply.

This is the content of EFI/CLOVER folder.

Best regards,
Heri

Attachments

• folder_content.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 122
Hello RehabMan,

thank you for your fast reply.

This is the content of EFI/CLOVER folder.

Best regards,
Heri

Request was not for a file listing of EFI/Clover folder.

Request was for actual folder. Compress as ZIP and attach.

Ok, sorry man ... here you are.

Best regards,
Heri

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should not be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. As is written in post #1, this kext is not needed with this laptop.

Exotic/rare CPU you have there... i5-4258U, with Iris graphics. Nice, but not seen here until now.

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext is not needed. Remove it from /S/L/E.
FakeID is also not needed. Set config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0. Note also FakeID injected by the graphics SSDT.

CPU PM SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh may not be correct (rare CPU probably not tested). Remove EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

Also, please provide quality photo of entire screen with verbose boot. The image you provided is not large enough to be readable.

After making these changes, if you can boot, provide files requested post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Edit: I cleaned up patches/graphics.txt for you (moved experiments to graphics_experiment.txt). This allows you to control everything though config.plist (eg. get rid of the FakeID).

Hi RehabMan,

i erase all the files that you said, and modify the config.plist, but one question ... when you say "FakeID is also not needed", you say "FakePCIID.kext"? becouse i don't have any "FakeID.kext" (i didn't remove FakePCIID.kext)

I suppose the process bypass the X86PlatformPlugin trouble, but now (show ¡n verbose mode) go as far as first image, an then pass to second image and freeze :(

Thank you,
Heri

IMG_0404.JPGIMG_0405.JPG

Hi RehabMan,

i erase all the files that you said, and modify the config.plist, but one question ... when you say "FakeID is also not needed", you say "FakePCIID.kext"? becouse i don't have any "FakeID.kext" (i didn't remove FakePCIID.kext)

I suppose the process bypass the X86PlatformPlugin trouble, but now (show ¡n verbose mode) go as far as first image, an then pass to second image and freeze :(

Thank you,
Heri

View attachment 149763View attachment 149764

When I refer to FakeID, I'm referring to config.plist/FakeID/IntelGFX.

FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext is installed by install_downloads.sh to /S/L/E. If you followed the guide, you have FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. You need to remove it. Iris graphics do not need it and it will probably keep them from working.

Do not remove FakePCIID.kext. It is needed for WiFi.

Edit: I suspect that once you get rid of the FakeID, FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext will no longer load even if present as the ID will not match any of the existing IOKitPersonalities in the Info.plist for the kext. We'll know more when you manage to provide an ioreg.

Edit2: I have added a config_iris.plist which has the changes required for Iris graphics (so far, FakeID/IntelGFX=0).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back