Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to purge the drive and try clean once more; this time I remembered to install Clover on time, and persistently used the v202 installer. Did everything to the guides.

I have narrowed it all down to one problem: trackpad/keyboard functionality. I found the ELAN driver you alluded to, and it works almost. I cannot drag and drop (one finger on the left click button as another finger drags freely) without it shifting the cursor all the way left.

Some of the FN keys are working pursuant to their actual designated functions (like volume up and down), but some aren't - such as brightness up/down. They are tied to dashboard/show desktop, and when I unhook them in SysPref, pushing F11/12 or FN F11 FN F12 does nothing. I am able to control brightness from SysPref, however.

Files are attached and Kextstat output is still as follows:

Code:
Krishnas-MBP:RehabMan Krishna$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82650000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
Krishnas-MBP:RehabMan Krishna$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
Krishnas-MBP:RehabMan Krishna$

Thank you!

Attachments

View attachment 146829
View attachment 146830
View attachment 146828

I do not support ELAN trackpads and the associated software.

Contact the author of the ELAN drivers with your issues.

The author of the ELAN drivers does not make his source available, even though the individual has clearly copied from other open source efforts. When asked to open the source, it is all excuses, no action.

I understand.

Well thank you again so much. Individuals like you in the OSx86 community who streamline installation for several laptops, saving hundreds of people hours of work, is truly appreciated!!! :D:thumbup:

just updated to 10.10.5 straight from the app store. works without any issue.
Thanks!!

Hello RehabMan,
I have the Lenovo U430 Touch, my specs are:
Intel Core i5 U4210 1,7GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT730M 1920x1080

I disabled the discrete graphics in the BIOS and set it up correctly, but I am unable to boot the installation. Clover and Unibeast both boot, but when I select the OS X 10.10 installation, shows a black screen or reboots. I tried all bootflags, but nothing seems to work :( (-v -f -x IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEndabler=No..)
I would really appreciate if you could help me :)

Hello RehabMan,
I have the Lenovo U430 Touch, my specs are:
Intel Core i5 U4210 1,7GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT730M 1920x1080

I disabled the discrete graphics in the BIOS and set it up correctly, but I am unable to boot the installation. Clover and Unibeast both boot, but when I select the OS X 10.10 installation, shows a black screen or reboots. I tried all bootflags, but nothing seems to work :( (-v -f -x IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEndabler=No..)
I would really appreciate if you could help me :)

No need to disable Nvidia in BIOS. ACPI will be patched to disable it when running Yosemite.

This guide does not use Unibeast. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

Chimera bootflags don't apply to Clover.

After booting in clover (With no bootflags) I successfully installed Mac OS X 10.10 in my Lenovo U430 Touch. But when I take a look in "About this Mac", it shows that my processor is 2,39 GHz, when it's actually 1,7GHz. Should I worry? Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thank you for your support, Mr. RehabMan :)

After booting in clover (With no bootflags) I successfully installed Mac OS X 10.10 in my Lenovo U430 Touch. But when I take a look in "About this Mac", it shows that my processor is 2,39 GHz, when it's actually 1,7GHz. Should I worry? Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thank you for your support, Mr. RehabMan :)

Look at config.plist/CPU. You will notice FrequencyMHz is commented. Mine is 1.8Ghz.

In my config.plist says:

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>#FrequencyMHz</key>
<integer>1800</integer>

What do I have to do to put the correct value of my CPU GHz? (1,7GHz)

In my config.plist says:

<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>#FrequencyMHz</key>
<integer>1800</integer>

What do I have to do to put the correct value of my CPU GHz? (1,7GHz)

Use a plist editor (such as Xcode) to edit your config.plist.

Change the key name from "#FrequencyMHz" to "FrequencyMHz".
Change 1800 to 1700.

Thank you RehabMan! :D Now the GHz show properly in About this Mac! :)
Now I am with the DSDT and the SSDT. This is the first time I make my own DSDT and patch it. I extracted my DSDT and SSDT, but the problem is that now I cannot patch it, i think it's due to the amount of errors that it has when I compile it with MaciASL, but I sincerely have no idea :crazy: What can I do to patch it? The only things that are missing, are brightness and sound. Is there any other way, without DSDT to make these work? I tried with the proper kexts, but it didn't work.. :cry: Any ideas? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back