Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you didn't own a second notebook and desperately wanted to rebrand a WiFi card. What would happen if you booted into Ubuntu, put the notebook into sleep and switched the card while the machine is sleeping? Second thought is: If you had your notebook running (say: in clover or so) and kind of "hot-plugged" a different card after the BIOS check. Do you think one could do that without breaking things?

It probably wouldn't work, but I suppose you could try. Worst case: you'll break/fry something...

You can also rebrand your card on a desktop (with the appropriate adapter).

Hallo Rehabmen

i need the Keyboard Mapping for my U510

How can i add this?

Hallo Rehabmen

i need the Keyboard Mapping for my U510

How can i add this?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Perhaps you should provide further details on the specifics of what you're asking.

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Perhaps you should provide further details on the specifics of what you're asking.

F1 Mute work
F2 Vol - work
F3 Vol + work

F11: brightness down don´t work
F12: brightness up don´t work

how can i fix this?

And I have no Sound on HDMI Port with my U510

F1 Mute work
F2 Vol - work
F3 Vol + work

F11: brightness down don´t work
F12: brightness up don´t work

how can i fix this?

And I have no Sound on HDMI Port with my U510

It appears you didn't follow the guide (DSDT not patched correctly). Read post #1 this thread.

If you need further assistance...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

It appears you didn't follow the guide (DSDT not patched correctly). Read post #1 this thread.

The DSDT and SSDT is form a User that have the same U510 Model.

I've never created a dsdt or ssdt thats to high for me o_O

although it would be my greatest wish a perfect U510 with Yosemite

like you´re U430

we need a IdeaPad installer how a probook installer :D

The DSDT and SSDT is form a User that have the same U510 Model.

I've never created a dsdt or ssdt thats to high for me o_O

Clearly, your DSDT is wrong and/or incomplete.

Follow the guide in post #1.

Real quick, I made the installer, installed and now I can't reboot without using the usb drive to load clover and select the internal drive? Ive gone over everything and nothing seems to work?

Real quick, I made the installer, installed and now I can't reboot without using the usb drive to load clover and select the internal drive? Ive gone over everything and nothing seems to work?

What is the issue? What happens when you boot from the HDD?

Post the EFI/Clover folder from the HDD EFI partition if you need me to check it...

What is the issue? What happens when you boot from the HDD?

Post the EFI/Clover folder from the HDD EFI partition if you need me to check it...
no issue once booted (haven't fixed the normal issues yet) I just can't boot without using the usb drive with clover. It won't see any hard drive via bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back