Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be nice to know the FRU# for this wifi card (BCM94352HMB), maybe that is what makes it work?.
I have seen FRU# 03T7135, and 20200381 that claim to be compatible with Lenovo.

It will be nice to know the FRU# for this wifi card (BCM94352HMB), maybe that is what makes it work?.

The card I purchased is not a Lenovo part.

my card is no Lenovo part either. My best guess to find a white listed card is the "B1" in the upper right corner (a hardware revision probably)

my card is no Lenovo part either. My best guess to find a white listed card is the "B1" in the upper right corner (a hardware revision probably)

The photo @expecto30 provided shows 'B1', but not passing the whitelist.

It has to be something specific about the IDs...

Unfortunately, The wifi card didn't work, The ssd came in and wont boot due to the different wifi card.I'm returning this, but is there other variations to the BCM94352HMB that is acceptable?http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IFYEYXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1CVN9H5QSGDE0Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 Half Mini PCI-E

Why don't you update the bios new one? I had ever seen the message before when I operate my u330 with older version of bios. But I changed the wifi card to the new one, which was same with yours, after updating bios to the new version '7CCN62WW' , the text about removing part was never seen.

I'm very poor at English but I hope you can understand my opinion:banghead:

This is the error message that shows up after the boot splash of Lenovo

unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. power off and remove it
in white text over black background

As a follow up to @decnova's post above, what BIOS version do you have installed?

Known Problems
Broadcom Bluetooth: Occasionally, on wake from sleep bluetooth will not be available. This is because the USB system doesn't re-probe the bluetooth device and therefore BrcmPatchRAM does not have the opportunity to upload firmware. Easy fix is to initiate another sleep/wake cycle. This issue is extremely rare, but you may notice it.

This appears to be fixed with my latest build of BrcmPatchRAM (1.6.3). Still tracking/testing it, and I'll leave the known issue until I don't see the problem for a week, but so far two days, no problem.

This appears to be fixed with my latest build of BrcmPatchRAM (1.6.3). Still tracking/testing it, and I'll leave the known issue until I don't see the problem for a week, but so far two days, no problem.

Good job! My bluetooth doesn't oversleep anymore!:clap:

Good job! My bluetooth doesn't oversleep anymore!:clap:

Yes, it is really fast now.

Now I think I'm ready to move onto looking at the audio issues in detail...

[Fix] Resolve boot screen garble

...also i have problem's before when i boot with any hidpi resolution and change in the os to native 1920x1080 it happens that the screen full of glitches, i must press the power button o open and close the lid that normal graphics come back - also this Problem gone with only change the boot option...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back