Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan, first of all thank you for making this awesome guide. Last week I changed the Wi-Fi card to Broadcom BCM94352HMB, and the laptop works awesomely! (Audio issue tho, but you get used to it :) ) I edit videos almost everyday and no big issues.
My question is, did you update to Sierra? is it possible to update and use this guide? And how do you dissable the touchscreen is OS X?
Thank you

Known problems on Sierra prevent use as daily driver.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Hi,
Can I early upgrade from Capitan to Sierra? Or I will have a some problems after that?

Hi, Rehab I use your guide with 430u i think most of components is working. problem is with sound is not working try with kext alc283 without progress. Any Suggestion ?

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 4540 Sep 29 09:26 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib

-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1899 Sep 29 09:26 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout3.zml.zlib

Update: I remove alc283 and sound works

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 88
  • ghost’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    15.5 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Update: I remove alc283 and sound works

The guide does not use AppleHDA_ALC283.kext.

Always follow the guide in post #1. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hi,
I'm trying to create bootable pendrive with Sierra. Here's what I did: I recover partition with Base system, add all package and extra file, later install Clover, add all kext and copy Clover install file.

But when I'm boot Clover from my pendrive OSX partition didn't recognize. Clover work but I can't boot instalation partition. I installed newest Clover on my Pendrive.

Where I made mistake?

Hi,
I'm trying to create bootable pendrive with Sierra. Here's what I did: I recover partition with Base system, add all package and extra file, later install Clover, add all kext and copy Clover install file.

But when I'm boot Clover from my pendrive OSX partition didn't recognize. Clover work but I can't boot instalation partition. I installed newest Clover on my Pendrive.

Where I made mistake?

Hey, that doesn't sound like you followed RehabMan's Guide... You need to follow each step on Post number 1 in the right order.

Hi,

Where I made mistake?

Follow the guide in post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back