Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 with my lenovo u330, with spec in my profile.

This guide is for Haswell Ideapad u330/u430/u530 (as per thread title).

Post output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Hi all,
currently trying to install El capitan to the U430, with a replaced Broadcom wifi - same as Rehabman.
creating all the USB Clover UEFI under a desktop 10.6.8 hackintosh, with Clover_v2.3k_r3354

process is leading to the clover menu than , it loads more or less 75% of the osx installer, and screens gets bad and usb transfert stops forever.
not sure it's ok to use the 10.11.3 for an fresh install? or if the 10.6.8 i'm using to create the osx install is able to manage it.

OSX 10.11.3 installed on the osx_install partition of the USB .

kexts under Kext/other:
RealtekRTL8111
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
FakePCIID

erased the original config.plist changed with the config.plist from Rehabman, the one for the installation.

only add HFSPlus.efi in the EFI

attached the copy of my CLOVER EFI

any help is welcome :)

Attachments

• my CLOVER EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
Hi all,
currently trying to install El capitan to the U430, with a replaced Broadcom wifi - same as Rehabman.
creating all the USB Clover UEFI under a desktop 10.6.8 hackintosh, with Clover_v2.3k_r3354

process is leading to the clover menu than , it loads more or less 75% of the osx installer, and screens gets bad and usb transfert stops forever.
not sure it's ok to use the 10.11.3 for an fresh install? or if the 10.6.8 i'm using to create the osx install is able to manage it.

OSX 10.11.3 installed on the osx_install partition of the USB .

kexts under Kext/other:
RealtekRTL8111
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi
FakePCIID

erased the original config.plist changed with the config.plist from Rehabman, the one for the installation.

only add HFSPlus.efi in the EFI

attached the copy of my CLOVER EFI

any help is welcome :)

You did not follow the guide correctly. Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is missing FakeSMC.kext.

FakeSMC is compulsory. You cannot boot a hack without it.

Note: Unless you plan to use a USB keyboard and mouse for installation, you will also need VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Read the guide carefully...

Yes, you were right, i missed this kext ! thx
i got lost with the all the readings here and there :O

I could manage to install it, and first booting to el capitan 10.11.3 is ok

please just need a confirmation, when i install clover on the hard drive , i select the el capitan partition and option UEFI only?
this is what i understood...and that swhat i'm doing right now...:) lets see if it's right

at this point as i have a newer version of mac, would it be interesting to rebuilt a new ubs clover + install using the 'createinstallmedia' which was not possible under my old 10.6.8 ? this to create a recuperation state?

;)

Last edited:
please just need a confirmation, when i install clover on the hard drive , i select the el capitan partition and option UEFI only?

Yes.

at this point as i have a newer version of mac, would it be interesting to rebuilt a new ubs clover + install using the 'createinstallmedia' which was not possible under my old 10.6.8 ? this to create a recuperation state?

You could certainly do that...

Ok the install is done...not sure if all is perfect, but it runs

You could certainly do that...[/QUOTE]

and i would need to perform a complete new install afterward, exact?

what about SMBIOS ? is it important to have set a unique serial number, what does it bring?

iris graphics? how can i know if i have it?

and i would need to perform a complete new install afterward, exact?

Correct.

Ok the install is done...not sure if all is perfect, but it runs

Make sure you follow all steps in post #1, as written.

what about SMBIOS ? is it important to have set a unique serial number, what does it bring?

Yes, it is important.

iris graphics? how can i know if i have it?

Iris graphics are part of certain CPUs. Your CPU has HD4400. See here: http://ark.intel.com/products/81016/Intel-Core-i5-4210U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-2_70-GHz

i redo the install with createinstallmedia method.

i've put a number for the SMBIOS from clover configurator

attached the files to check all is fine...but looks so

as soon i get an hdmi cable i test the hdmi on an external screen.

the easiest mackintosh installation from now...thank you Rehabman !!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 48
Just a small question: Is there any way that Airdrop will work with Hackintosh to iOS/Official Mac Device and reverse or is it impossible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back