Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Basically, yes.
Update the config.plist file with your S/N, UUID, MLB: in the PlatformInfo section, look for the areas labeled "fill-in".
It's probably wisest to copy this EFI to a GPT formatted USB stick. And test booting from it; press F12 key on keyboard, when starting the laptop, to display the boot selection menu. Choose USB stick. Make sure everything works. Then, if all is good, replace your EFI folder on your main drive (SSD or NVME). Don't forget to backup your working/existing EFI.
Then, you're ready to update to Monterey.
It worked.. Thanks man. I still have the brightness program. The brightness slider doesn't work. Do you have some other suggestions?

It worked.. Thanks man. I still have the brightness program. The brightness slider doesn't work. Do you have some other suggestions?
No, sorry. The brightness controls (slider and keys) work for me. Out of curiosity, which UEFI/BIOS version do you have? On my S340-15IWL model, I have 2.10 (ALCN33WW)

No, sorry. The brightness controls (slider and keys) work for me. Out of curiosity, which UEFI/BIOS version do you have? On my S340-15IWL model, I have 2.10 (ALCN33WW)
I updated to 2.10 but nothing changed. Really no idea. I am using your efi folder, so don't know what's the problem.

I updated to 2.10 but nothing changed. Really no idea. I am using your efi folder, so don't know what's the problem.
@Patrick545 try this replacement to the SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml (overwrite the existing one in your EFI -> OC -> ACPI folder)

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml
    1.1 KB · Views: 46
I'm working on updating my EFI. More specifically, verifying the ACPI patches and eliminating the resulting errors in the system boot log. Most of the SSDT files were found/suggested by others. The more I learn, I can make sure they're correct. I still have a few more items to investigate. Hopefully soon, I'll post a "cleaner" EFI.

@Patrick545 try this replacement to the SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml (overwrite the existing one in your EFI -> OC -> ACPI folder)
It didn't work for me. But no problem, thank you very much for your time and your efforts! You have been very helpful!

I'm working on updating my EFI. More specifically, verifying the ACPI patches and eliminating the resulting errors in the system boot log. Most of the SSDT files were found/suggested by others. The more I learn, I can make sure they're correct. I still have a few more items to investigate. Hopefully soon, I'll post a "cleaner" EFI.
Hello, do you have maybe some updates? :))

Has anyone tried Monterey update?

Open Core 0.7.4 for the Lenovo S340 laptop. Fill in your own Serial Number, UUID, etc. in the config.plist file; or use OpenCore Configurator 2.52.000 to generate them. I think everything works ok (your mileage may vary). On occasion, though, I still get a blank screen upon boot for a minute or so, then the login screen appears. It very well could be my IPS panel, or the framebuffer patching isn't perfect.
Did you figure this blank screen issue out? I'm having the same thing. This is really annoying.

Did you figure this blank screen issue out? I'm having the same thing. This is really annoying.
Not yet. I've postponed any EFI uploads until I get the "blank screen on boot" issue resolved. Looking at the logs, I can tell that it's actually macOS stalling during the boot process. Oddly enough, the problem isn't present when booting into Windows first and then rebooting into macOS. I'm also getting an unresponsive (builtin) keyboard during BIOS or OpenCore menu (although, a USB keyboard works fine for both). I wonder if there's a Quirk needed for this laptop??

Back