CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fix confirmed. I installed CodecCommander.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and put hda-verb to /usr/bin and run these commands and sound distortion problem gets fixed.
Code:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25
hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83
Guess I should make a batch file to auto-launch at startup and after wake, cause sound gets distorted after sleep-wake cycle again and I should re-run these commands to fix sound.
no need to do that,

you can rebuild your hda-verb to include those commands, and then install that new hda-verb to /usr/local/bin

you can see the file here:

and scroll down until you see the commands to change

so...

if you go here:
and click the green download zip, download and extract somewhere

edit the main.m file, replace the current section:

Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x1a SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x24"] runAsCommand];
    NSString *output2 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x15 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83"] runAsCommand];

with your info:
Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25"] runAsCommand];
    NSString *output2 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83"] runAsCommand];

then save

then you can build your own by popping in:
Code:
xcodebuild -target ALCPlugFix

then you will have your own unique hda-verb

make sure you have xcode installed :)

Motherboard
LENOVO IdeaPad S340-14IWL
CPU
i5 8265U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
no need to do that,

you can rebuild your hda-verb to include those commands, and then install that new hda-verb to /usr/local/bin

so...

if you go here:

Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x1a SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x24"] runAsCommand];
    NSString *output2 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x15 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83"] runAsCommand];

with your info:
Code:
NSString *output1 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25"] runAsCommand];
    NSString *output2 = [[binPrefix stringByAppendingString:@"hda-verb 0x21 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83"] runAsCommand];

then save

Code:

Thank you so much for this detailed explanation.
I've done everything, build completed. A new "build" folder appeared but there's no hda-verb file inside it. I have that file in "alc-fix" folder and it was there before compiling. Did this process changed it? Should I use this hda-verb file or am I doing something wrong?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you so much for this detailed explanation.
I've done everything, build completed. A new "build" folder appeared but there's no hda-verb file inside it. I have that file in "alc-fix" folder and it was there before compiling. Did this process changed it? Should I use this hda-verb file or am I doing something wrong?
ahh, sorry, it will be a custom alcplugfix that gets generated :) copy that one over

Motherboard
Lenovo S340
CPU
i5 8265
Graphics
HD620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
no need to do that,

so...

if you go here:

Code:

with your info:
Code:

then save

Code:

Is this working for all models? I have sound issues on my 14" model too

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is this working for all models? I have sound issues on my 14" model too
yes, but you will need to work out your pin configs though

for example, i only needed:
Code:
hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25

which works fine on my laptop

Motherboard
CPU
i5 8265U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ahh, sorry, it will be a custom alcplugfix that gets generated :) copy that one over
Well, sorry but I'm pretty noob about these things. I didn't understand what you mean.
There's a new ALCPlugFix file inside new "build/Release" folder. Should I use this file? Should I rename it to hda-verb and put it in /usr/bin?
Also only "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" works for me too. I tried this manually and only this gets it fixed.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, sorry but I'm pretty noob about these things. I didn't understand what you mean.
There's a new ALCPlugFix file inside new "build/Release" folder. Should I use this file? Should I rename it to hda-verb and put it in /usr/bin?
Also only "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25" works for me too. I tried this manually and only this gets it fixed.
ahh, that's good then, if the code i used works for you then use my files attached, just run the install.sh and you should be good :)

Attachments

• working.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 45
Motherboard
CPU
i5 8265U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
ahh, that's good then, if the code i used works for you then use my files attached, just run the install.sh and you should be good :)
Great! Problem fixed permanently. Now sleep-wakeup cycles don't break sound.
Thank you so much!
Off the topic but I have MiddleClick app, I'm using it to emulate three finger tap as mouse middle click. It runs on login via System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items but I have to run it manually after wake-up. Any idea to solve this issue?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Great! Problem fixed permanently. Now sleep-wakeup cycles don't break sound.
Thank you so much!
Off the topic but I have MiddleClick app, I'm using it to emulate three finger tap as mouse middle click. It runs on login via System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items but I have to run it manually after wake-up. Any idea to solve this issue?
not sure, someone else had the issue so maybe a bug in the application?

Annotation 2020-04-06 131149.jpg

Motherboard
Lenovo S340
CPU
i5 8265
Graphics
HD620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

I can confirm this is working for my 14" i5 8265 model just fine