Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hi Folks

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the thread and guide is excellent. Whilst I appreciate the issues with the SD card reader, I'm struggling to get any output on my HDMI.

Using the stock EFI files provided by 4mit and I note that I may need to patch with Hackintool. A little confused as the current framebuffer refers to UHD 630 (0x3EA50009) which comes as I see, from the Devices/Properties section of Clover config.

What specifics do I need to change or patch in Hackintool to get the HDMI port functional?

Further, I don't seem to be able to disable verbose. There is NO verbose flag in Clover but when I boot and select the OSX Boot option in clover I can see that the Verbose flag is selected! Even when I remove this, I still get a wall of boot text. Ideas?

Thanks all.

Mo

I tried iMessage guide but failed all the time. But something happened during that.
It took more time to boot, after I removed NullEthernet.kext and the Ethernet device from Network Settings in order to make Wifi adapter en0 device.
I checked with verbose mode and saw some code starting with [ED] just in the beginning of the boot and they roll like having lag, not smooth. After a while, that laggy codes end and starts with +++++++++++++++++++++ and boots up. Is this OK? Do you have this?

I tried iMessage guide but failed all the time. But something happened during that.
It took more time to boot, after I removed NullEthernet.kext and the Ethernet device from Network Settings in order to make Wifi adapter en0 device.
I checked with verbose mode and saw some code starting with [ED] just in the beginning of the boot and they roll like having lag, not smooth. After a while, that laggy codes end and starts with +++++++++++++++++++++ and boots up. Is this OK? Do you have this?

Yep. I have the ED and then the verbose logging but even when I attempt to remove the -v at the Clover Loader screen, it doesn't do so...always reverts back to -v. Also NO 0v argument in CC.

Hmmm.

Have you a functional HDMI? If so, any chance you could share if you did anything post install. IOService and Hackintool is showing HDMI ports rather than DP so the properties in CC are applying...but no output at all.

Thanks

Mo

Hi Folks

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the thread and guide is excellent. Whilst I appreciate the issues with the SD card reader, I'm struggling to get any output on my HDMI.

Using the stock EFI files provided by 4mit and I note that I may need to patch with Hackintool. A little confused as the current framebuffer refers to UHD 630 (0x3EA50009) which comes as I see, from the Devices/Properties section of Clover config.

What specifics do I need to change or patch in Hackintool to get the HDMI port functional?

Further, I don't seem to be able to disable verbose. There is NO verbose flag in Clover but when I boot and select the OSX Boot option in clover I can see that the Verbose flag is selected! Even when I remove this, I still get a wall of boot text. Ideas?

Thanks all.

Mo
The HDMI port works with 4mit's EFI. It's weird that it doesn't work for you. Plus the verbose thing is extra weird. What BIOS version are you using? The latest is 2.05

The HDMI port works with 4mit's EFI. It's weird that it doesn't work for you. Plus the verbose thing is extra weird. What BIOS version are you using? The latest is 2.05

Hi Curtistn

2.05 I believe (took the latest bios and flashed prior to working on the laptop).

It seems to be pulling the args from NVRAM no matter what I change in Clover OR the custom switches prior to selecting options in Clover Boot Menu.

From Boot Log:

2:074 0:000 found boot-args in NVRAM:-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100, size=26

Always pulls these.

Extract from config.

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,GfxYTile</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>CQClPg==</data>
<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
<string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>mz4AAA==</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>VGA compatible controller</string>
<key>enable-hdmi-dividers-fix</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>enable-hdmi20</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>enable-lspcon-support</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
<data>EgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>BAAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-has-lspcon</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
<data>EgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>AgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
<data>EgAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>AAAAgA==</data>
<key>model</key>
<string>Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile)</string>
</dict>

Look ok?

Ahhh! Have it...Kernel Boot Arguments in NVRAM section of config.plist.

Removed.

Just looking for the HDMI issue. :)

Ahhh! Have it...Kernel Boot Arguments in NVRAM section of config.plist.

Removed.

Just looking for the HDMI issue. :)
I was going to suggest clearing NVRAM (press F11 at Clover boot screen), though I'm glad you found the issue.
Your frame-buffer patching looks just like mine.

So. I've found the HDMI issue too!

Don't, I repeat, don't...change your Model type to MacBookPro15,3. Even if like me, you think that's a better fit.

HDMI don't work!
:)

Hope this may assist someone.

Mo

So. I've found the HDMI issue too!

Don't, I repeat, don't...change your Model type to MacBookPro15,3. Even if like me, you think that's a better fit.

HDMI don't work!
:)

Hope this may assist someone.

Mo
My laptops HDMI port is wierd, it used to not work in Windows but does now. As for macOS, no output, and using MacBookPro15,1

Is there any way to insert 4g modem into it?

Back