Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

i just wanted to update that i managed to get the touchpad to work..thanks to everyone for the shared information and files. i was missing 2 files in the patched folder and that solved it.

i just wanted to update that i managed to get the touchpad to work..thanks to everyone for the shared information and files. i was missing 2 files in the patched folder and that solved it.
Which ones were they? And can you please share your CLOVER folder here?

Use OP repo Clover folder and copy these 2 files to ACPI/patched.. Generated your own S/N :)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Well, the battery icon and trackpad not shown but works issues have been resolved after updating Clover Bootloader from 5102 to 5106. Don't know what was the exact problem but now everything works.
Backlight Control: Check
Volume Hotkeys: Check
Keyboard Backlight: Check
Battery Status and Powermanagement: Check
HDMI with sound: Check
Trackpad: Check
Intel UHD 630 with 2048 MB: Check
BCM94360: Waiting for A/E adapter

I see that with these configs, IGP is shown as UHD630 but this laptop is much similar with MacBook Pro 13" 2018 with three thunderbolt ports, which has Iris Plus 655, so is it necessary or would it be logical to spoof IGP as Iris Plus 655 in order to use iMessage properly? Cause I've never been able to activate iMessage before, like for a couple of years with my other laptop and desktop PC trials. So I expect to fail again. I saw a post, someone said he called for activation and Apple CustomerCare assistant wanted to connect to his hackintosh and checked several things. So do you think that I should spoof Iris Plus 655?

I see that with these configs, IGP is shown as UHD630 but this laptop is much similar with MacBook Pro 13" 2018 with three thunderbolt ports, which has Iris Plus 655, so is it necessary or would it be logical to spoof IGP as Iris Plus 655 in order to use iMessage properly? Cause I've never been able to activate iMessage before, like for a couple of years with my other laptop and desktop PC trials. So I expect to fail again. I saw a post, someone said he called for activation and Apple CustomerCare assistant wanted to connect to his hackintosh and checked several things. So do you think that I should spoof Iris Plus 655?

I can open the iMessage App and sign in with my Apple ID. All Apple Apps are working for me except iCloud. I dont know why but i gave up after 3h messing around with serial numbers yesterday

if you guys want, I can upload the OpenCore configuration and the guide I followed, it's a lot better than Clover because it's much less likely to break when you update your system, and boot times are faster.
I'm into this OpenCore for a few days now but I could not make it boot properly. It goes to black screen just after some codes run. Can you please share your OC folder here? I want to have a look at it.

Well, the battery icon and trackpad not shown but works issues have been resolved after updating Clover Bootloader from 5102 to 5106. Don't know what was the exact problem but now everything works.
Backlight Control: Check
Volume Hotkeys: Check
Keyboard Backlight: Check
Battery Status and Powermanagement: Check
HDMI with sound: Check
Trackpad: Check
Intel UHD 630 with 2048 MB: Check
BCM94360: Waiting for A/E adapter

This may be helpful... iMessage Guide

PSA - Be careful when updating VoodooPS2Controller to version 2.1.2. My Tpad stopped working with it. Downgrading it back to v 2.1.0 solved it for me.
Confirmed.
Also updating VirtualSMC.kext from 1.0.9 to 1.1.1 makes my battery status dissappear, reverting back restores it.
Also updating Lilu.kext from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2 causes a glitch on the screen while loading OS, just a minor thing, I don't know if it causes anything else. I reverted it back nonetheless.

@Dr.Aequitas - In regards to VirtualSMC, did you update the corresponding Battery and Processor Kexts? Below is the status of my kexts. Other than VoodooPS2, I have the latest versions and did not notice any issues. I am also on Clover 5107 and updated to Catalina 10.15.4.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 4.34.33 PM.png

Back