Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Hi everyone. Finally my SSD came today and I installed it, then installed Catalina. I used the latest shared EFI folder from here after installation and everything "was" working. Then I updated Catalina to 10.15.3. Trackpad is not working after reboot. I did not change anything from EFI/CLOVER. Am I missing something here?
Do you have both voodooi2c kext in efi/.../other?
Or did you installed them to the system before the update?

They are all in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Did not install any kext to /L/E yet.
By the way, I'm not able to boot it anymore.
It says:
Code:
**** ERROR: _LogInUIInitializeGraphics Can't install updated AppleEvent protocol
**** ERROR: FDELogInUIInitializeUsers _LoginUIIinitializeGraphics failed err: 1
I searched a bit and this is due to FileVault I suppose. I've enabled it after 10.15.3 update and now got stuck.
Did you all left FileVault off? Is it not recommended to use it?

Well, I couldn't figure it out so I did a fresh install and I'm currently avoiding 10.15.3 update. I'll try that after I plug BCM94360CS2 in.
Should I install the kexts inside CLOVER/kexts/Other into /L/E?

Hey, so my HDMI on my laptop is actually broken, and it's nothing to do with my config. if you guys want, I can upload the OpenCore configuration and the guide I followed, it's a lot better than Clover because it's much less likely to break when you update your system, and boot times are faster.

Last edited:
Yes, please. I'm very interested in OC and would like to give it a try if you share your configs and folder structure.

Hi Guys,
i have a s340-IWL 14" with Core i3 Gen8 8GB RAM IPS Panel GeForce MX110.
The question is now which wireless card will fit into that device? because i think that device has the extra cooling inside and maybe there is not enough space for the adapter + card

@Patrick545 i think you had the same problem, could you solve it

many thx

Marco
Yes I could solve it. Just order the normal wifi card for macbook air + the adapter (the model was suggested in the previous posts) and it will work even if it doesn't fit perfectly . The adapter ofc won't fit completely in that space but a part of it will lay on black plastic in the right. But no problem, it works.

Battery icon not showing after 10.15.3 update. Using the exact same CLOVER folder shared here, except I updated the kexts in kexts/Other folder.
Also trackpad is working but nothing shows up in system preferences/trackpad section. It was there on 10.15.2.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the great work to get this working 99%. I installed 10.15.3 but trackpad is still not working. I've tried using the CLOVER folder from OP but its not working. May I know which are the files affecting the trackpad? Any CLOVER that I can try to get this to work? I feel I'm close but missing something :)
I've also got a TP-Link TL-WN725N USB adapter and its working, I will place an order for internal one so this adapter will keep me going online for the time being.

Battery icon not showing after 10.15.3 update. Using the exact same CLOVER folder shared here, except I updated the kexts in kexts/Other folder.
Also trackpad is working but nothing shows up in system preferences/trackpad section. It was there on 10.15.2.
Battery icon is showing for me on 10.15.3 (direct install not update)

Back