Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 700 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan Hello, I want to ask you a problem. When I use the latest EFI file,but i also can't use the HDMI, when i use the hdmi to connect the External display , my laptop black screen, what should i do?

Try to remove LenovoFnKey.kext, it's buggy for our device.
It's such a shame that the computer use ELAN PS2 trackpad, no VoodooPS2 support.Make it difficult to correct keyboard layout and FN keys:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
I found that your latest upload clover with hotpatch, I am glad that there is no need to modify the dsdt later. LenovoFnKey.kext is also removed in the new clover, I made the following changes in Appleps2smarttouchpad.kext, so F1 F2 F3 can adjust the volume. (Before the volume can not be adjusted)
"<Key> Fn Keys Mode 1 </ key>
<Dict>
<Key> BrightnessDown </ key>
<String> F11 </ string>
<Key> BrightnessUp </ key>
<String> F12 </ string>
<Key> KBBacklightDown </ key>
<String> disable </ string>
<Key> KBBacklightUp </ key>
<Key> Launchpad </ key>
<String> F4 </ string>
<Key> MediaNext </ key>
<String> ArrowRight </ string>
<Key> MediaPlayPause </ key>
<String> ArrowDown </ string>
<Key> MediaPrevious </ key>
<String> ArrowLeft </ string>
<Key> Misson Control </ key>
<String> F8 </ string>
<Key> SleepDisplay </ key>
<String> F9 </ string>
<Key> Touchpad </ key>
<String> F6 </ string>
<Key> VideoMirror </ key>
<String> F10 </ string>
<Key> VolumeDown </ key>
<String> F2 </ string>
<Key> VolumeMute </ key>
<String> F1 </ string>
<Key> VolumeUp </ key>
<String> F3 </ string>
</ Dict> "

BTW,Today my computer suddenly restarts automatically. I do not know if this is related to the new clover.

I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you!
I have no idea how to fix it, may you try a different SMBIOS.

I found that your latest upload clover with hotpatch, I am glad that there is no need to modify the dsdt later. LenovoFnKey.kext is also removed in the new clover, I made the following changes in Appleps2smarttouchpad.kext, so F1 F2 F3 can adjust the volume. (Before the volume can not be adjusted)
"<Key> Fn Keys Mode 1 </ key>
<Dict>
<Key> BrightnessDown </ key>
<String> F11 </ string>
<Key> BrightnessUp </ key>
<String> F12 </ string>
<Key> KBBacklightDown </ key>
<Key> KBBacklightUp </ key>
<Key> Launchpad </ key>
<String> F4 </ string>
<Key> MediaNext </ key>
<String> ArrowRight </ string>
<Key> MediaPlayPause </ key>
<String> ArrowDown </ string>
<Key> MediaPrevious </ key>
<String> ArrowLeft </ string>
<Key> Misson Control </ key>
<String> F8 </ string>
<Key> SleepDisplay </ key>
<String> F9 </ string>
<Key> Touchpad </ key>
<String> F6 </ string>
<Key> VideoMirror </ key>
<String> F10 </ string>
<Key> VolumeDown </ key>
<String> F2 </ string>
<Key> VolumeMute </ key>
<String> F1 </ string>
<Key> VolumeUp </ key>
<String> F3 </ string>
</ Dict> "
Thank you, I will try it.
BTW,Today my computer suddenly restarts automatically. I do not know if this is related to the new clover.
Any log? I didn't have the problem.

This is great. A few days ago, I was unable to even boot into the installer. But after following this guide and using the updated CLOVER.zip @soto2080 posted, I was finally able to boot into the installer and install Seirra on my SSD. I can now also boot into the system with no problem.

I have the following problems:
-------------
1. The battery life sucks. It barely lasts for 90 minutes even though I'm not doing any heavy work and I can literally see the battery indicator going down by the minute.
2. I can't control the screen brightness. It's not displayed in System Preferences > Display like it used to.
3. None of my Fn keys are working.
4. Sound is working just fine, but it's not loud enough. I can barely hear anything.
5. WIFI isn't working, but I know that I must replace my WIFI card.
6. Is there any chance we can take advantage of the GTX950M inside this machine. I do a lot of rendering on various design programs and it really helps a lot.

I haven't experienced any problems with random shutdowns and restarts and I hope it never happens but I hear you guys talk about it. I will report back here if this ever happens.

This is great. A few days ago, I was unable to even boot into the installer. But after following this guide and using the updated CLOVER.zip @soto2080 posted, I was finally able to boot into the installer and install Seirra on my SSD. I can now also boot into the system with no problem.

-------------
1. The battery life sucks. It barely lasts for 90 minutes even though I'm not doing any heavy work and I can literally see the battery indicator going down by the minute.
2. I can't control the screen brightness. It's not displayed in System Preferences > Display like it used to.
4. Sound is working just fine, but it's not loud enough. I can barely hear anything.
6. Is there any chance we can take advantage of the GTX950M inside this machine. I do a lot of rendering on various design programs and it really helps a lot.

I haven't experienced any problems with random shutdowns and restarts and I hope it never happens but I hear you guys talk about it. I will report back here if this ever happens.
1.Power consumption is fast, please check whether GTX950M Disabled in BIOS
2.Try to rebuild the cache after installation,or install AppleBacklightInjector.kext into the L / E folder
3.You can replace my uploaded ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext in clover
4.Intel card no solution
5.There is no chance to use the GTX950M
Above is my personal point of view, please wait for the specific soto2080 reply

Attachments

• ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext.zip
    347.8 KB · Views: 84

-------------

1.I think the battery life is same even on Win10, when I code on Win10 it lasts no more than two hours.
2.post your origin dsdt and config and kexts.It should work fine.
3.My hands are tied.
4.Really!! In my ALC235 config it's just a blit smaller than on win10, you can made it loudly by modify zml.
6.I never try it, you may install nv web driver and test it by yourself.But nvidia optimus will not work.

nVidia card is disabled in BIOS (vma only).
I used the LenovoNBFnKeys.kext from the old CLOVER.zip and I can now see the brightness slider back in system preferences and the Fn keys are working fine except for the f11 & f12.

nVidia card is disabled in BIOS (vma only).
I used the LenovoNBFnKeys.kext from the old CLOVER.zip and I can now see the brightness slider back in system preferences and the Fn keys are working fine except for the f11 & f12.
F11 & F12 are working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back