Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 700 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to add something from my experience, perhaps @soto2080 could add it to the first post. I ordered this wifi adapter from amazon for $13. Came with a macos 10.13 driver and worked like a charm! Small enough to plug and forget. Plus you dont have to go through the hassle of replacing an internal component.

I just want to add something from my experience, perhaps @soto2080 could add it to the first post. I ordered this wifi adapter from amazon for $13. Came with a macos 10.13 driver and worked like a charm! Small enough to plug and forget. Plus you dont have to go through the hassle of replacing an internal component.

But are the drivers any good?
If you would, attach screen shots of the driver user interface.
(eg. does it use the system menu bar to select APs, or does it use a clunky/buggy app?)

But are the drivers any good?
If you would, attach screen shots of the driver user interface.
(eg. does it use the system menu bar to select APs, or does it use a clunky/buggy app?)
I dont see any difference other than the icon which is different by default for usb wifi by macOS. I have encountered NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. Sorry for taking so long to respond, still in holiday mode lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 11.17.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 11.17.51 AM.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 202
However, it takes a good second or two to connect to a network after you log in. I guess its the standard security feature where OS wont read any USB devices until you are logged in.

Hi,

I recently got this laptop model (the i5 variant, used, with Windows 10) and I wanted to make a hackintosh from it as it's a spare machine.
Do you know why BIOS would not see my USB in boot menu (only sees the HDD with Windows on it)?
My PC sees it in BIOS (both USB and my Windows HDD) so I'm guessing something is no configured right in BIOS.

I've tried both UEFI only and Legacy support boot. With UEFI only I can set secure boot to disabled so I tried that, too.
With UEFI only, Windows will not boot but rather prompt the boot menu again.

Thanks in advance!

Do you know why BIOS would not see my USB in boot menu (only sees the HDD with Windows on it)?

Can be several causes:
- secure boot not disabled
- USB boot not enabled
- USB created incorrectly
- USB requires more power than BIOS provides (use powered USB hub or different USB stick, preferable USB2)

Instructions for creating USB installer:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Best to use MBR/2-partition.

I will try your clover sir coz we have the same laptop model And spec but i dont have nvme..
Do i need to change config.list ? Or change any kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back