Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 700 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
But on my laptop, ALCPlugFix can only fix the noise of the headset (CodecCommander has the same effect in the L / E folder), set "darkwke = no" to restore the sound after awakening. (There are some other people's ideapad700 is also the case)
This may be a metaphysical question.:banghead:
As for my case, I use only CodecCommander to fix sound after sleep.
I need ALCPlugFix to fix noise of headest.
May we should try to place CodecCommander both Clover and S/L/E.

Specs
  • Intel i7-6700HQ with IGPU Intel HD 530​
  • 4GB DDR4(2 slots,I add 8GB more personally)​
  • 1TB HDD+PM951 128G(One SATA3 slot for 2.5-inch HDD and One M.2 slot supports nvme)​
  • 15,6” IPS 1920x1080 (no touchscreen)​
  • Nvidia GTX 950M (Can disabled in BIOS)​
  • Intel AC3165(Replaced with BCM94352Z)​
  • ALC235(AppleAlc will not work, need customized)​
  • Reltek RTL8111(RJ-45)​
  • 2x USB 3.0 1x USB 2.0​
  • Webcam​
  • Integrated microphone​
  • Integrated loudspeakers (JBL)​
  • HDMI Output Port​
  • SD card reader​
  • 4-cell, 45Wh(Poor)​
Please update your model to Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 as just "Lenovo IdeaPad 700" brings up others versions like the " 14" Yoga 700 version"
Please clarify on the model, especially on the Nvidia card, is it a GTX 950M or GTX 960M?
I am finding the same model everything resembles apart from the graphics card is GTX 960M, will that make a difference in your guide?
Does all your 3 speakers work? including bottom sub-woofer? some people seem to have problems with models that have 3 speakers at 2.1 setup including dell models

Todo
  1. Internal display dim when connect external display

Did you fix this please?

Thingsbroken
  1. SD Card Reader​
  2. Flight Mode(Fn+F7)​
  3. Show All Screens(Fn+F8)​
  4. Displays Switch(Fn+F10)(Not tested)​
Any updates on the broken stuff? apart from card reader which is not that important anyways

It's not a popular series and not difficult to setup, the following is some tips and notes
what is your overall performance on this particular model sir?
( i am looking at the stability part of it, i.e. Crashes, hangs etc)
how is the battery usage after disabling the GTX NVidia Card?
Geek bench score?
Don't mind my stupid questions please, i have a limited budget and i am looking into purchasing a laptop for my studio work on the road, a real mac book pro of same specs will cost almost 3 times the price of Lenovo y700, i am considering Your model or Dell 7559 model
your input will have a wonderful impact on my decision making.

Please update your model to Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 as just "Lenovo IdeaPad 700" brings up others versions like the " 14" Yoga 700 version"
Please clarify on the model, especially on the Nvidia card, is it a GTX 950M or GTX 960M?
I am finding the same model everything resembles apart from the graphics card is GTX 960M, will that make a difference in your guide?
Does all your 3 speakers work? including bottom sub-woofer? some people seem to have problems with models that have 3 speakers at 2.1 setup including dell models

Did you fix this please?

Any updates on the broken stuff? apart from card reader which is not that important anyways

what is your overall performance on this particular model sir?
( i am looking at the stability part of it, i.e. Crashes, hangs etc)
how is the battery usage after disabling the GTX NVidia Card?
Geek bench score?
Don't mind my stupid questions please, i have a limited budget and i am looking into purchasing a laptop for my studio work on the road, a real mac book pro of same specs will cost almost 3 times the price of Lenovo y700, i am considering Your model or Dell 7559 model
your input will have a wonderful impact on my decision making.
First,My device is IdeaPad 700(exactly). So don't expect that my guide will help you. But most of those static patches should be general.
Second, will the difference influence the guide? Yes, it will. That is a different model, having different bios,chips and so on.
Third, my model even only has 2 speakers, no that problem.
Fourth, dual screen is still broken(at least when HDMI plugged, the external works), I have no idea.
Fifth, battery from 100 to 0 only take 2 hours when I am coding EVEN with disabled discrete graphics(Lenovo claimed 4 hours).
Scores you asked.
20273213_1513623891994490_1848779532_o.png

If you want more info, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
First,My device is IdeaPad 700(exactly). So don't expect that my guide will help you. But most of those static patches should be general.
Second, will the difference influence the guide? Yes, it will. That is a different model, having different bios,chips and so on.
Third, my model even only has 2 speakers, no that problem.
Fourth, dual screen is still broken(at least when HDMI plugged, the external works), I have no idea.
Fifth, battery from 100 to 0 only take 2 hours when I am coding EVEN with disabled discrete graphics(Lenovo claimed 4 hours).
Scores you asked.
View attachment 270278
If you want more info, feel free to ask.
you are correct, i never noticed they are two different Model numbers but only difference i see is color and the GTX card 960
check it it http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...eries/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y700-15ISK/p/88IPY700618, they all seem like the same laptop and 6th generation? Your Thought?
also what is the performance of your hackbook? stability wise, apart from few non working parts would you trust it as your real mac book pro all day every day?
I also noticed you used macbook pro 13(macbook pro 13,1 SMbios) have you tried the (Macbook Pro 13,3)? as it represents the mac book pro 15 inch version? because your lenovo is a 15.6" screen
thanks in advance once a again

you are correct, i never noticed they are two different Model numbers but only difference i see is color and the GTX card 960
check it it http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...eries/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y700-15ISK/p/88IPY700618, they all seem like the same laptop and 6th generation? Your Thought?
also what is the performance of your hackbook? stability wise, apart from few non working parts would you trust it as your real mac book pro all day every day?
I also noticed you used macbook pro 13(macbook pro 13,1 SMbios) have you tried the (Macbook Pro 13,3)? as it represents the mac book pro 15 inch version? because your lenovo is a 15.6" screen
thanks in advance once a again
Many part of the two model may be the same, but the bios will not.
Performance is totally same as MBP if ignore discrete graphics.
Stability is very good, I never encountered problems.
The biggest problems may be keyboard layout, sdcard reader, poor battery and dual screens.
Other parts are work fine.
At this time I am using 13,3 to test dual screens, I think all skylake based macbooks' SMbios are useable for us.

The biggest problems may be keyboard layout, sdcard reader, poor battery and dual screens.
Other parts are work fine.
At this time I am using 13,3 to test dual screens, I think all skylake based macbooks' SMbios are useable for us.
Please report back on your findings using 13'3 smbios.
Despite the risks of breaking the laptop, I think any Bios can be modified /unlocked to have all features right RehabMan?

I think any Bios can be modified /unlocked to have all features right RehabMan?

Some BIOS require hardware programmer to flash as they are protected with RSA encryption.

Some BIOS require hardware programmer to flash as they are protected with RSA encryption.
I'm trying to fix multi displays(internal and external).
I found a patch called Skylake 4 display Update from toleda but it's for 19120000 and 10.11.4, it may fix the annoy problem, but the patch is not suit for my model and can't boot with it.
Is there any patch for 191b and 10.12?

@yanwu I placed codeccommander into S/L/E and it works fine. Thx.
Both headphone detection and sound after sleeping even with darkwake=1 works No need of AlcPlugFix.

I'm trying to fix multi displays(internal and external).
I found a patch called Skylake 4 display Update from toleda but it's for 19120000 and 10.11.4, it may fix the annoy problem, but the patch is not suit for my model and can't boot with it.
Is there any patch for 191b and 10.12?

You will need to provide details on the problem and "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back