Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 700 10.12.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added an ID about my screen, but RDM still did not have the appropriate resolution.

/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4a7.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DisplayProductName</key>
<string>Lenovo IdeaPad 700-15ISK LG Display</string>
<key>DisplayProductID</key>
<integer>1191</integer>
<key>DisplayVendorID</key>
<integer>12516</integer>
<key>scale-resolutions</key>
<array>
<data>AAAFVgAAAwA=</data>
<data>AAAKrAAABgAAAAABACAAAA==</data>
<data>AAAFoAAAAyo=</data>
<data>AAALQAAABlQAAAABACAAAA==</data>
<data>AAAHgAAABDg=</data>
<data>AAAGQAAAA4Q=</data>
<data>AAAMgAAABwgAAAABACAAAA==</data>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

DisplayProductID-4a7.plist should not have file extension, it should be
/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4a7
not
/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-30e4/DisplayProductID-4a7.plist

DisplayProductID-4a7.plist should not have file extension, it should be

not
Thank you for your guidance, has been successfully opened hidpi
upload_2017-7-24_21-10-25.png

@RehabMan
I found that when I plugged HDMI cable then my laptop screen has no color, only backlight and my external display and HDMI audio is working normal.
How to use both my internal and external display at the same time?

Attachments

• Report.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 82
@RehabMan
I found that when I plugged HDMI cable then my laptop screen has no color, only backlight and my external display and HDMI audio is working normal.
How to use both my internal and external display at the same time?

How is your external monitor connected? (eg. what kind of port does your laptop have?)

How is your external monitor connected? (eg. what kind of port does your laptop have?)
Via hdmi port. The only one output port is HDMI my laptop have.

Via hdmi port. The only one output port is HDMI my laptop have.

Try different SMBIOS (for example, MacBookPro11,1).
Or NvidaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
Or patch the connector-type for HDMI (you connector-type is DP <00 04 00 00> instead of HDMI <00 08 00 00>).

Try different SMBIOS (for example, MacBookPro11,1).
Or NvidaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext.
Or patch the connector-type for HDMI (you connector-type is DP <00 04 00 00> instead of HDMI <00 08 00 00>).
NvidaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext does not work.
I had patched connector-type for HDMI, it show <00 08 00 00> before connect to HDMI port, but when I connect, it becomes <00 04 00 00>.

NvidaGraphicsFixup.kext + Lilu.kext does not work.
I had patched connector-type for HDMI, it show <00 08 00 00> before connect to HDMI port, but when I connect, it becomes <00 04 00 00>.

Different SMBIOS...

Thanks a million to you (@soto2080) and @RehabMan... this thread saved me a lot of time.
I have installed and booted different versions of macOS on my old PC before (without patching DSDT and ...), but my new laptop (lenovo ip700-15ISK) is very different and challenging! I have used your very useful Clover config and files (because I'm in a hurry and don't have much time to patch my own files and...)

Now everything's working fine except some issues, and there's 2 big problems:
1. Can't change brightness
2. Everything is in Chinese by default! I've changed the main language to english but Chinese language and features are everywhere yet: some texts in settings and launchpad and other places still are in Chinese, Even the default search engine of Safari is set to the Chinese search engine "Baidu", in the social card in notification center and many other places are full of Chinese services and features...
So what is the problem? Is it because of my bootabled flash memory (I used createinstallmedia method)? or it's related to clover config files? or ...?

I've attached some screenshots,
I'd really appreciate your help and answer.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 1.32.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 1.32.57 AM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.00.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.00.34 AM.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.01.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.01.23 AM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.02.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.02.27 AM.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thanks a million to you (@soto2080) and @RehabMan... this thread saved me a lot of time.
I have installed and booted different versions of macOS on my old PC before (without patching DSDT and ...), but my new laptop (lenovo ip700-15ISK) is very different and challenging! I have used your very useful Clover config and files (because I'm in a hurry and don't have much time to patch my own files and...)

Now everything's working fine except some issues, and there's 2 big problems:
1. Can't change brightness
2. Everything is in Chinese by default! I've changed the main language to english but Chinese language and features are everywhere yet: some texts in settings and launchpad and other places still are in Chinese, Even the default search engine of Safari is set to the Chinese search engine "Baidu", in the social card in notification center and many other places are full of Chinese services and features...
So what is the problem? Is it because of my bootabled flash memory (I used createinstallmedia method)? or it's related to clover config files? or ...?

I've attached some screenshots,
I'd really appreciate your help and answer.
Thank you.
1.Provide your boot log and clover with origin acpi tables
2.I don't know what cause the problem bcuz in my own one is all English.
May the problem is your Apple account.
My install image is downloaded from AppStore.
Also Clover has location setting, you can look into it.
Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.24.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.24.49 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.25.32 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back