Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad 320-14IKB, Clover and OpenCore UEFI Hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have done the Installation successfully.

So there are/were some Problems:
- The Audio Jack Sound Quality is very bad and there is a very loud noise. (Internal Audio works)
- The HEVC Hardware acceleration is not working
- The Touchpad (Synaptics 2b2c) is not working (Fixed with VoodooI2CHID)
- No Audio device detected (Fixed with Layout-ID 13)

I hope somebody can help me.

Hi, I have done the Installation successfully.

So there are/were some Problems:
- The Audio Jack Sound Quality is very bad and there is a very loud noise. (Internal Audio works)
- The HEVC Hardware acceleration is not working
- The Touchpad (Synaptics 2b2c) is not working (Fixed with VoodooI2CHID)
- No Audio device detected (Fixed with Layout-ID 13)

I hope somebody can help me.
Hi, please attach a copy of IOREG and patch your IGPU framebuffer using Hackintool.

Ekran Resmi 2020-09-03 23.48.39.png

Ekran Resmi 2020-09-03 23.51.13.png

Why does it appear as Sky Lake? How do I make a Kaby Lake?

Hello, I want to install macOS Catalina but I don't find suitable EFI folder for my USB. Can everybody give me a complete EFI folder, thank you everybody.

Last edited:
Hi @thiagoml, I have some good news, it turns out that even my laptop has the brightness problem but only on older OSs like Mojave and High Sierra, on Catalina, it's patched automatically, now I can try to solve it much easier because it's already on my laptop, but I'm currently working on getting my EFI working with macOS Big Sur (10.16) and for the lid sleep problem I can't really diagnose your problem like this, if you're using Clover please change the values of CPU ClockSpeed, AppleALC is working fine and the HDMI too, hope these problems getting fixed soon.
Hi @Phase1, please use the latest IOREG 2.1 because is it appears that your copy is corrupted.
Hi @bertaz, my EFI can work just fine with a few modifications to fit your hardware, AFAIK, 8th gen has a Nvme and SATA, so you may need to use NvmeFixup.kext, if you don't have an ethernet port you have to use an SSDT to add a fake one to get iMessage and FaceTime working, otherwise, you can't get them working, if you're using Clover you should change the CPU Clock Speed values, and spoof your CPU as 7th gen (not 6th like my EFI) to get proper graphics.
Regards
In reply to @Phase1 complaint about Syna2b2c I am submitting my ioreg2.1 generated report here, I have same touchpad.
I use Qualcomm wifi which won't work and is understandable
The open core EFI provided by OP is outstanding, sleep works, brightness shortcut works, just touchpad doesn't. I am very happy user of this EFI and now on 10.15.7, but will be very cool to see this touchpad working. I am willing to test anything you tell me, looking forward to see your response soon @abdulrahim

Attachments

• PayPri’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 69
In reply to @Phase1 complaint about Syna2b2c I am submitting my ioreg2.1 generated report here, I have same touchpad.
I use Qualcomm wifi which won't work and is understandable
The open core EFI provided by OP is outstanding, sleep works, brightness shortcut works, just touchpad doesn't. I am very happy user of this EFI and now on 10.15.7, but will be very cool to see this touchpad working. I am willing to test anything you tell me, looking forward to see your response soon @abdulrahim
Hi, @priteshz, please note that you have several issues, you are not using a proper SMBIOS, you are not using my latest EFI Folder, Power Management isn't working (as it's PR00, not CPU0), please fix these issues first.
For trackpad, you should try VoodooI2CSynaptics and VoodooI2CHID, if nothing worked, then use VoodooRMI as your trackpad is supported with it.
Cheers

Attachments

• SSDT-PLUG.aml
    195 bytes · Views: 73
@abdulrahim please explain about this Quirk CustomSMBIOSGuid=Yes & UpdateSMBIOSMode=Custom which are enabled your config and you are using lenovo ideapad 320-14ikb laptop why did you enable CustomSMBIOSGuid=Yes & UpdateSMBIOSMode=Custom in config can you explain?
is there a way on OpenCore to boot windows 10 without applying acpi patch like a clover?

Hi, I have exactly the same type of laptop and specs, so with the help of your EFI I was able to successfully make my laptop work without issue (mostly) with OC, thanks.
But I have two problems that I would love for you to help me solve.

1. I do not have WiFi after the update to big sur in Catalina with this EFI I had, I did a clean installation of Big sur, Catalina was previously with Clover if that matters.
I attach my EFI with all the kext. Bluetooth works fine.

2. It's mostly small things not that important but I thought I would try, if it's a problem and a lot of work I will give up because I do not have much time to take care of it. In Clover I had, I could control the brightness without pressing the Fn Is it possible to do it again? And the Windows and alt keys were not reversed for me in Clover, I know it can be turned on in system preferences but I am interested to know if it is possible to fix it in EFI itself. I tried to turn off the SSDT-PS2-Map but it did not change them.

Thanks
Itay

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 280
Hi, I have exactly the same type of laptop and specs, so with the help of your EFI I was able to successfully make my laptop work without issue (mostly) with OC, thanks.
But I have two problems that I would love for you to help me solve.

1. I do not have WiFi after the update to big sur in Catalina with this EFI I had, I did a clean installation of Big sur, Catalina was previously with Clover if that matters.
I attach my EFI with all the kext. Bluetooth works fine.

2. It's mostly small things not that important but I thought I would try, if it's a problem and a lot of work I will give up because I do not have much time to take care of it. In Clover I had, I could control the brightness without pressing the Fn Is it possible to do it again? And the Windows and alt keys were not reversed for me in Clover, I know it can be turned on in system preferences but I am interested to know if it is possible to fix it in EFI itself. I tried to turn off the SSDT-PS2-Map but it did not change them.

Thanks
Itay
Hi @abdulrahim can you help please? Everything I do does not work.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back