Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitelist removal is not permanent. If you upgrade the bios you'll loose the modification.
Steps to upgrade:
  1. Install desired version (let's say v30)
  2. back it up
  3. mod the backup
  4. install original v26
  5. flash modded v30
You have to be on v26 to flash a modded bios with fptw

You can mod newer versions using the guide. If the offsets are different feel free to post your backup here and I'll have a look at it.
Fantastic job @daigosx update modified bios to v32 !!
Thank you, again.

Hello. The one in the picture is the correct one. If you get the one in the picture you will be golden. The card needs to have two notches. The one I got had one notch only.
We THANK YOU !!

The ACPI patch is not necessary.
Thank's RehabMan,
This is what i read too ..because the Fake PCIID not need extra patch on DSDT .

Lenovo Z50-70

Hello,

I followed this guide and with all the user comments and user pitfalls... I was able to load an edited version of '9BCN91WW' on my system. BTW, the three hex values are in the same locations as version ''9BCN26WW' :)

The two most important things were:
1. making a copy of the 11D378C2-B472-412F-AD87-1BE4CD8B33A6_xxxx.ROM and editing the copy with the hex editor, then 'replacing' the file in the DUMP folder with that edited copy.

2. I opened a command window as administrator and typed the commands to write the Bios.bin, then closed the lid for 10 seconds, the screen was black when i opened it, I tried a quick press on the power button, when the screen came on I quickly selected the command window(CLI) and hit enter, and the bios wrote.

I want to thank everyone who contributed!

My need wifi card will be here next week, I'll let you know how that turns out.

Thank you
Bill

Last edited:
It is not possible to flash a modified BIOS to the hardware in your profile (4530s) without using a hardware programmer.

Do you know anything like this for the 4530s? I wouldn't mind having my BCM94352HMB in my 4530s. Have you even tried doing such a thing on this laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back