Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
To downgrade you just need the official lenovo bios installer for v26 and the Bios Back Flash option enabled.
Same error 7 ..
The v26 I downloaded from post #48 from @handinglove11 (I think is official or not ?)
Can you give me the official, if you have it ?
Thank you .

I try from usb and DOS but now get error "280: Failed to disable write protection for the bios space.
I give up !!

Sorry for being gone. In my case in particular what made the difference was the the FPTW64 suggested by Carter7 in post 39. I tried everything else with no success, namely the sleep bug, DOS, doing it from a USB, etc. My two cents: change BIOS settings to default and also allow the installation of previous version of BIOS, follow post 1 and then use FPTW64 linked in post 39. If you do not understand german, open the website in chrome and it will translate it. One more thing, be careful when if you buy the BMC wifi card. Make sure that you buy the one with two notches (I bought the wrong one and I made the second notch with a saw. I was lucky it worked).

After update the Guide of @daigosx ....
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: SUCCESS !!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
Thank you very match @daigosx for this !

Thank you @patrick1234578 for your patience !
Patrick did you purchase the right BMC like @piojofafner in post #76 sugest ?

@diagosx ..
A stupid question, the whitelisted bios is permanently or after update again the bios to the new version we lost the whitelist ?

@diagosx ..
A stupid question, the whitelisted bios is permanently or after update again the bios to the new version we lost the whitelist ?
Whitelist removal is not permanent. If you upgrade the bios you'll loose the modification.
Steps to upgrade:
  1. Install desired version (let's say v30)
  2. back it up
  3. mod the backup
  4. install original v26
  5. flash modded v30
You have to be on v26 to flash a modded bios with fptw

You can mod newer versions using the guide. If the offsets are different feel free to post your backup here and I'll have a look at it.

Thank you @daigosx ...I give It a try .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back