Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

But I can't get brightness control from keyboard without or with Fn Brightness ACPI guide. I have tried Fn + any keys but no brightness changes. My syslog can't record my input in my laptop (Fn + left / Fn + right) even after patches by Debug & EC instruments + ACPIDebug in DSDT so I revert my ACPI Fn Brightness changes.

Off-topic.
Open a separate thread with "Problem Reporting" files.

You did not follow my ACPI patching guide.
Currently, you have these files in ACPI/patched:
SSDT-6.aml
DSDT.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml

In order for SSDT-6.aml to replace the native SSDT-6.aml with this setup, you must use my fork of Clover and set config.plist/ACPI/AutoMerge=true.

You don't have AutoMerge in your config.plist.
And you're not using my version of Clover.

Without my version of Clover (and AutoMerge), you would need to set DropOem=true, use SortedOrder to specify SSDT load order, and have the following files in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml

Also, SortedOrder should specify the SSDTs in that order.

Note: You also need SSDT-PluginType1.aml to implement CPU PM. Or with my version of Clover, you can set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.

Read carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Thank you for your reply RehabMan. Okay, i'll try to fix my ACPI first, hope that will also fix my brightness problem

After fixing my ACPI setup, brightness is working ! thanks RehabMan !
so i think ioreg always show GFX0 because i didn't drop oem SSDT. is that right ?

so i think ioreg always show GFX0 because i didn't drop oem SSDT. is that right ?

It is typical for laptops of your era that Device(GFX0) is defined in an SSDT.
So, without DropOem=true (or AutoMerge=true), your patched SSDT-6.aml was ignored, as the native SSDT-6 would be injected first.

seems kexttopatch broken in 10.13.1

Hi everyone,
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I think I haven't configured config.plist correctly (with the one provided by RehabMan I couldn't boot but I think I had to change some parameters, so I used my modified version),
here is my bug report (output provided inside zip).
(PS: Thanks a lot RehabMan for your work).

Attachments

• bug_report.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
Back