Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Sorry but I didn't really get what you are trying to say.

Look at your config.plist in a plist editor and you will see.

Meanwhile, Uploading AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

This looks fine. As we discover later... the AppleBacklightInjector.kext attached is not from my guide and is wrong.

Use AppleBacklightInjector.kext as-is, as per post #1...
Fix your config.plist, then rebuild cache just after booting (with kernel flag -f).
Then reboot.

Last edited:
And here are the original ACPI files.

My ACPI patching guide recommends patching based on Clover F4 extract to ACPI/origin.
And if you want my help with ACPI, that's the way you need to do it too...
But even this proves you did not patch correctly. As per ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs are NOT placed in ACPI/patched.
Also, those files were extracted May 21. That's a lot of time between then and now (too much chance for BIOS updates, hardware changes, BIOS option changes).

This looks fine.
Sorry but IDK why the Injector from "AppleBacklightInjector GUIDE" wasn't loading up so, I sort of created an injector, just by placing the values from your injector to a stock AppleBacklight.kext (Removing useless stuffs, of course.) And somehow, it loaded up fine.

Maybe that created a misconception?

But even this proves you did not patch correctly. As per ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs are NOT placed in ACPI/patched.
Removed.
Also, those files were extracted May 21. That's a lot of time between then and now (too much chance for BIOS updates, hardware changes, BIOS option changes).
Might sound funny but I didn't update BIOS nor did I change any hardware. So, yeah...

Sorry but IDK why the Injector from "AppleBacklightInjector GUIDE" wasn't loading up so, I sort of created an injector, just by placing the values from your injector to a stock AppleBacklight.kext (Removing useless stuffs, of course.) And somehow, it loaded up fine.

You should use the injector as-is from my probook repo.
There is no need to change anything.

Might sound funny but I didn't update BIOS nor did I change any hardware. So, yeah...

With old files, not possible for me to verify your assertion.

Now that you mention creating your own injector, I can see it is wrong...

Now that you mention creating your own injector, I can see it is wrong...
Reverting to the one from "that" guide. Meanwhile, can you please tell the error in my config.plist

Tried but not able to find anything.

Unable to find :(

Please assist.

It is super obvious.
These entries are not config.plist content... they are from an Info.plist:
Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 2.52.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 2.52.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 2.52.27 PM.png

Back