Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: the mistake is obvious in your kextcache output (why did you ignore it?):
Code:
IOKitWaitQuiet() timed out.
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fa49ddde470 [0x7fff895758f0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup" }
AppleBacklightFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
@RehabMan
Thanks for pointing out this mistake. Yeah I thought I had lilu in my kext folder as it's so common but I don't..... After putting Lilu back. Everything works. Thanks for your time!

@RehabMan
Thanks for pointing out this mistake. Yeah I thought I had lilu in my kext folder as it's so common but I don't..... After putting Lilu back. Everything works. Thanks for your time!

Great.

Note: All "kexts you need" should be installed to /L/E.

My laptops Backlight working. I using SSDT-PNLF.aml and AppleBacklightFixup.kext.

Is there a need to use SSDT-RMCF.aml ?

My laptops Backlight working. I using SSDT-PNLF.aml and AppleBacklightFixup.kext.

Is there a need to use SSDT-RMCF.aml ?

As per guide, SSDT-RMCF.aml is optional, used to set configuration for SSDT-PNLF.aml should the defaults need changes.

Hi @RehabMan and thank you for making these awesome stuff.
I have one problem:
I followed your guide (copied caAppleBacklight kext in L/E and copied SSDT file in CLOVER/ACPI/Patched, AutoMerge = true), but nothing is happening. Maybe my already patched files are interfering somehow
I tried the EDID stuff, but not worked, it only made the color profile for this display unrecognisable (it disappeared from Display Preferences)
I hope I attached all the necessary files and you can help me. Thank you again!

Attachments

• Andrei’s MacBook Pro.zip
    542.8 KB · Views: 61
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • RehabMan.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Terminal_Output_1.png
    Terminal_Output_1.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Terminal_Output_2.png
    Terminal_Output_2.png
    831 KB · Views: 72
Hi @RehabMan and thank you for making these awesome stuff.
I have one problem:
I followed your guide (copied caAppleBacklight kext in L/E and copied SSDT file in CLOVER/ACPI/Patched, AutoMerge = true), but nothing is happening. Maybe my already patched files are interfering somehow
I tried the EDID stuff, but not worked, it only made the color profile for this display unrecognisable (it disappeared from Display Preferences)
I hope I attached all the necessary files and you can help me. Thank you again!

Why do you have config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true when post #1 specifically says not to?

Why do you have config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddPNLF=true when post #1 specifically says not to?
Sorry for that, it was from an experiment. I've modified it back (set to false) as it should be, but is not working

Back