Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a screenshot. Strange, I can't even turn off bluetooth in System Preferences but it is on and discoverable as Andrew's imac. Maybe I need to revert to an older IOBluetooth.kext like in this link here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/iogear-usb-bluetooth-el-capitan.174350 ? Thanks.

Do I need wireless for handoff? Because I am using ethernet atm. I reverted to the 10.9.0 bluetooth kexts. I can turn off bluetooth etc and it seems to have more settings available now. Hmm..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 11.50.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 11.50.03 AM.png
    157 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Here's a screenshot. Strange, I can't even turn off bluetooth in System Preferences but it is on and discoverable as Andrew's imac. Maybe I need to revert to an older IOBluetooth.kext like in this link here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/iogear-usb-bluetooth-el-capitan.174350 ? Thanks.

Do I need wireless for handoff? Because I am using ethernet atm. I reverted to the 10.9.0 bluetooth kexts. I can turn off bluetooth etc and it seems to have more settings available now. Hmm..

That is Intel bluetooth, not Broadcom. You must disable Intel onboard BT in BIOS to use Broadcom BT.
I've never tried to use handoff without compatible Broadcom WiFi hardware, so no idea on your question.

Ah you are right. Here is the updated bluetooth settings for my adapter. Ah okay, I'm just going to assume it wont work without a compatible wifi card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 1.34.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 1.34.00 PM.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Ah you are right. Here is the updated bluetooth settings for my adapter. Ah okay, I'm just going to assume it wont work without a compatible wifi card.

You should check to make sure your IOBluetoothFamily is vanilla and that it has the Find pattern in it.
I still find the pattern in my copy of 10.12.3.
But I suspect that handoff is a no-go without compatible WiFi.

Has anyone lost DisplayPort audio? I commented out the .dsl files and then did a sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / and rebooted. I have regular Headphones and Line Out available in output but it seems DP audio has dissapeared for me after pulling from git maybe?Now I uncommented the .dsl files and did the make, make install_sc commands but still no DP audio for some reason.

Has anyone lost DisplayPort audio? I commented out the .dsl files and then did a sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / and rebooted. I have regular Headphones and Line Out available in output but it seems DP audio has dissapeared for me after pulling from git maybe?Now I uncommented the .dsl files and did the make, make install_sc commands but still no DP audio for some reason.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Don't forget to fill out your profile (it should indicate make/model in "Mobo").

I bought and installed this but doesn't appear to be working correctly. The bluetooth settings show as on and computer as discoverable but the Devices selection just is clocking at the top and nothing is listed. I cannot see anything from the computer nor can I see the computer from my iPhone or iPad. System information attached. Any thoughts?

*** Update *** checked my BIOS and bluetooth was enabled. I disabled it and now the adapter appears to work. I was able to pair with a bluetooth speaker successfully. I also tried to pair with my iPhone but got a "Your Mac is not supported" message. Maybe this is the problem? https://miapple.me/fixing-cannot-connect-macbook-iphone-via-bluetooth/

I will try the suggestion at the end when I have time. Thanks.

I haven't tried pairing my iPhone or iPad with it but it works fine with the Apple Magic Keyboard and Touchpad. I also use it with a Sony bluetooth headphone.

Here is what I have running now. Attached the troubleshooting stuff in this post.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    5 MB · Views: 113
Not sound after sleep. Display monitor will black screen after wake up.

My Audio over DP still working on 10.12.3. Last git update I did was 23rd Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back