Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

The Alpha version, 2.2 won’t crash the system but it doesn’t work.
Perfect thanks! Installed the final build yesterday onto a fresh partition, very smooth install and all working well. Glad there's life in the NUC8 left yet. Apps seem more responsive than on Ventura, but this will be down to doing a fresh/vanilla install which is good practice for any OS every 6 months or so.

Interestingly adding iPhone widgets works and they stay refreshed, even though other handoff features still don't work (connecting to hotspot, airdrop, unlock with Apple Watch, etc).

Hi all, I just updated to Sonoma on my Nuc8i5 (macmini 8.1) Actually I tried all day to understand why Safari crashes/freezes constantly. Chrome works just fine and everything else works too, Wifi/Bluetooth still not Airdrop. #Leesureone, I saw that you uploaded your EFI folder and the only difference I could spot was a driver -ToggleSipEntry-. I cleared nvram, caches and prefs for Safari but still it crashes. Strange. I obviously missed something somewhere. Any tip would be helpful. Thanks

Hmm.. I had Safari crashes under Ventura but it was only when hosting screen sharing sessions with another Mac. Don't suppose you're doing any kind of VNC or Remote Desktop viewing/management?

Try poking around the console app and look for clues around the times of the crashes - any stack traces from safari or logs from networking related services (or anything else in console?)

I have a problem with create the USB installer.

"macOS Sonoma.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application."
and when I want use the command softwareupdate --list-full-installers

Software Update found the following full installers:

Is empty :O.

Hi all, I just updated to Sonoma on my Nuc8i5 (macmini 8.1) Actually I tried all day to understand why Safari crashes/freezes constantly. Chrome works just fine and everything else works too, Wifi/Bluetooth still not Airdrop. #Leesureone, I saw that you uploaded your EFI folder and the only difference I could spot was a driver -ToggleSipEntry-. I cleared nvram, caches and prefs for Safari but still it crashes. Strange. I obviously missed something somewhere. Any tip would be helpful. Thanks

Bad install or upgrade possibly? Beyond that its really tough to know why that would be happening, Chrome tends to be more resource hungry so why that would work and not Safari is odd.

I have a problem with create the USB installer.

"macOS Sonoma.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application."
and when I want use the command softwareupdate --list-full-installers

Software Update found the following full installers:

Is empty :O.
In your config.plist what setting under Misc/ Security is SecureBootMode set to?

In your config.plist what setting under Misc/ Security is SecureBootMode set to?
im in trouble i use laptop i did forget upload your config and now im stuck in loop after installation. Do you know how can i open usb efi in linux ?

N
im in trouble i use laptop i did forget upload your config and now im stuck in loop after installation. Do you know how can i open usb efi in linux ?
No but if I wanted to know I would search google

It is ok I'm in Sonoma right now. But I want to ask you Hotspot doesn't work in current wifi driver, right ?
I haven’t tested it, this link may or may not help resolve that.

Back