Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Yes those are the settings I still have
If I remember correctly starting with bios version 55 we had to add an RTC tweak to get OS X to load. I’ll have to go back and look. Meanwhile if you want go to page 90 of this thread and download the latest 6.7 OC version. Create a bootable USB drive, unless you already have one, using Unibeast and once done mount it’s EFI partition and replace the EFI folder with the OC version. Plug in the drive, hit f10 and boot from it... That’s your basic quick start guide

Another thing, I created another usb boot drive for Clover 5131 but I'm only seeing the old 5098 version thats on the internal hard drive. I can't seem to load the new clover bootloader on startup.

If I remember correctly starting with bios version 55 we had to add an RTC tweak to get OS X to load. I’ll have to go back and look. Meanwhile if you want go to page 90 of this thread and download the latest 6.7 OC version. Create a bootable USB drive, unless you already have one, using Unibeast and once done mount it’s EFI partition and replace the EFI folder with the OC version. Plug in the drive, hit f10 and boot from it... That’s your basic quick start guide
Ok I'll give this a try. Thanks

Yes @Leesureone it's 99% the RTC fix that changed i.e. the problem faced by @firepandem (and like ±100 pages ago :lol: ) so the best solution is to use an SSDT that disables this new clock device, instead of the Clover DSDT hot-patching bytes/patch. Here is the DSL and compiled AML SSDT for you @firepandem.

The original (but saviour!) Clover hot-patch was in section ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches (it's disabled here) as a precursor to this SSDT.

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Fix NUC BIOS RTC Device</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqTU1RBUwE=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqRCv8L//8=
                    </data>
                </dict>
My research is posted here if anyone wants to have a look.The NUC8 has been performing in an extremely stable way all this time (still on Catalina with Clover r5131).

Attachments

• SSDT-AWAC.aml
    81 bytes · Views: 49
  • SSDT-AWAC.dsl
    1.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Yes @Leesureone it's 99% the RTC fix that changed the problem of @firepandem (and like ±100 pages ago :lol: ) so the best solution is to use an SSDT that disables this new clock device, instead of the Clover DSDT hot-patching bytes/patch. Here is the DSL and compiled AML SSDT for you @firepandem.

The original (but saviour!) Clover hot-patch was in section ACPI -> DSDT -> Patches (it's disabled here) as a precursor to this SSDT.

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqTU1RBUwE=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqRCv8L//8=
                    </data>
                </dict>
My research is posted here if anyone wants to have a look.The NUC8 has been performing in an extremely stable way all this time (still on Catalina with Clover r5131).
Thanks for that! Nice write up on GitHub!!

Last edited:
I can't seem to boot from the USB drive. When I try to select boot drive using f10, I end up with a screen saying:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key..."

If I try to use f2 to place the USB as priority in the bios, I still end up with the old 5098 clover bootloader. It's not detecting the bootloader from the USB.

Yes @Leesureone it's 99% the RTC fix that changed the problem of @firepandem (and like ±100 pages ago :lol: ) so the best solution is to use an SSDT that disables this new clock device, instead of the Clover DSDT hot-patching bytes/patch. Here is the DSL and compiled AML SSDT for you @firepandem.

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqTU1RBUwE=
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    oAqRCv8L//8=
                    </data>
                </dict>
Thanks @konsti. How do I apply this solution in my case?

I can't seem to boot from the USB drive. When I try to select boot drive using f10, I end up with a screen saying:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key..."

If I try to use f2 to place the USB as priority in the bios, I still end up with the old 5098 clover bootloader. It's not detecting the bootloader from the USB.
It sounds like the USB drive is set up incorrectly if its not booting from it or if the bios can't see it. Sometimes its the flash drive itself but usually it's how it was built.

Back