Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It was an unusual issue, glad you got that figured out. What do you mean "choke"?
Well I did what you asked and recorded every point that was a slow in verbose boot. So whenever a line just sits there, i called it a choke.
Funny thing is that low apfs volume warning caused a bunch of other warning like "Intel Firmware" kept getting repeated for MINUTES.
Therefore, I kept messing arround with Intel Bluetooh on/off, kext/cache etc...it was a nightmare. But a simple increase in storage volume fixed everything :)

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH (Bios 0087)
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, you want to hear a story, eh...? A tale of adventure across the config.plist & kext files? Ha!
But i, just put this here... :)
BEHOOOOOLD!!!
...ULTRA SUPER MEGA FULL HDmi 4K WiFi T
ype-C BT HiRes BIG SWAG BUILD of EFI OC 0.6.6 for Catalina 10.15.7 on NUC8i7BEH (and big sur 11.2.2)

Works:
  • ALL!(wifi, bluetooth, type-c, hdmi, hdmi and type-c monitor together, audio over hdmi, sleep, headphones(i have Sennheiser HD380 Pro - sound perfect), MicroSD)
Just add your MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID to config.plist file start from line 1282

PS: BIG THANKS to comrade Leesureone!!!
Hope my EFI helps someone get a fully functional Catalina or Big Sur )
From Russia with Love :)

warning! - on some models nothing will work and the device can make exploooosion, but you can try... and tell me how it worked on your model =)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0) 0087 BIOS > load BIOS defaults > click advanced and change:
1) Devices > USB > Port Device Charging Mode: off
2) Devices > USB > USB Legacy > Disabled
3) Security > Thunderbolt Security Level > Legacy Mode
4) Power > Wake on LAN from S4/S5 > Stay Off
5) Boot > Boot Configuration -> Network Boot > Disable
6) Boot > Secure Boot > Disable
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
GOOD LUCK TO YOU HACK HUNTER!!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC 8i5BEH-0087
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
UHD 655
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I've just updated open core with leesureone EFINUC8i7OC6.7.
just add MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID to config.plist.
restart and I'm still with OC 0.6.6.
when I type In terminal : nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version
the result is REL-066-2021-02-02
Same result with Hackintool tell me I'm using open core 0.6.6
What I did wrong?

Leesureone

Motherboard
Asus Z690 Rog Strix G Gaming
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I've just updated open core with leesureone EFINUC8i7OC6.7.
just add MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID to config.plist.
restart and I'm still with OC 0.6.6.
when I type In terminal : nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:eek:pencore-version
the result is REL-066-2021-02-02
Same result with Hackintool tell me I'm using open core 0.6.6
What I did wrong?
Reboot and clear the Nvram, it will show 6.7 is installed after that.

Motherboard
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
CPU
i7 680
Graphics
ATI 6680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Leesureone, is it possible to merge your EFI with patched TB controller?

Only with flashed TB controller (which shows now under Systemprofiler -> Thunderbolt) I was able to attach a target mode macbookpro and access the drive.

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Leesureone, is it possible to merge your EFI with patched TB controller?

Only with flashed TB controller (which shows now under Systemprofiler -> Thunderbolt) I was able to attach a target mode macbookpro and access the drive.
@cyonix I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. The GitHub post states each user would need to flash their own Thunderbolt controller at the risk of bricking it. Then if successful I don't see what the end result would be. Hot Plugging enabled? Did you see the issue one NUC8 user posted even after succesfulflashing?
To be more specific what are you asking me to incorporate into the EFI folders?

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Intel Iris Plus 655
Is anyone else using a native Wifi/Bluetooth card (e.g. BCM94360CS2) having trouble getting a proper USB mapping kext either using USBMap or the more popular Hackintool method indicated here:

No matter what method I use, the ports are never mapped correctly and Bluetooth doesn't work.

Bluetooth works fine and shows up correctly using USBInjectall, but not with any of the traditional methods of creating a custom USBPorts.kext (e.g. booting with USBInjectall, removing ports in Hackintool and exporting the kext) - it results in a weird/screwed up USB port map. My internal headers are on HS05 and HS06 but the Hackintool exported kext results in HS10 being mapped instead of HS06, and HS05 (where my Bluetooth normally is) to appear in the mapping but not recognize the Bluetooth card. Very weird because the Info.plist in the kext doesn't mention HS10 anywhere.

It seems to work and the ports map correctly if I use the SSDT-EC-USBX and SSDT-UIAC aml files that Hackintool exports (along with USBInjectall.kext), but not if I just use the USBPorts.kext from the same export. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening or how to fix it?

Leesureone

Motherboard
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is anyone else using a native Wifi/Bluetooth card (e.g. BCM94360CS2) having trouble getting a proper USB mapping kext either using USBMap or the more popular Hackintool method indicated here:

No matter what method I use, the ports are never mapped correctly and Bluetooth doesn't work.

Bluetooth works fine and shows up correctly using USBInjectall, but not with any of the traditional methods of creating a custom USBPorts.kext (e.g. booting with USBInjectall, removing ports in Hackintool and exporting the kext) - it results in a weird/screwed up USB port map. My internal headers are on HS05 and HS06 but the Hackintool exported kext results in HS10 being mapped instead of HS06, and HS05 (where my Bluetooth normally is) to appear in the mapping but not recognize the Bluetooth card. Very weird because the Info.plist in the kext doesn't mention HS10 anywhere.

It seems to work and the ports map correctly if I use the SSDT-EC-USBX and SSDT-UIAC aml files that Hackintool exports (along with USBInjectall.kext), but not if I just use the USBPorts.kext from the same export. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be happening or how to fix it?
I used to use the SSDT-UIAC.aml to map my ports instead of the USBPorts.kext, basically they both do the same thing but you only need one or the other. I never had to use SSDT-EC-USBX.aml file though. I'd be happy with using the SSDT-UIAC.aml if it works. Can't say without knowing exactly what steps you are taking why the kext won't work though. I know the guide works using OpenCore, here's what I do.
In my config.plist under Kernel/ Add I have USBInjectAll.kext listed and enabled, if USBPorts.kext is listed I disable it. Then in Kernel/ Quirks I enable XhciPortLimit. Reboot, as an added step Clear the NVRAM. Once at the desktop run Hackintool and define your USB ports, make sure the ports are properly identified by type. Generate the USBPort.kext and add it to your EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Edit your config.plist to disable USBInjectAll.kext and enable USBPorts.kext. Then in Kernel/Quirks turn off XhciPortLimit. Reboot and test

Last edited: