Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Say good bye to Intel process and unknown path down the road for hackintosh lovers! Apple is pushing his own chip for tighter control of its product! Might be wrong topic here but i had to talk about! I apologize.

Is everything working like bluetooth and USB-C?
If not remove the SSDT-UIAC.aml in the ACPI folder and the disable it in the config.plist and reboot. Use Hackintool to remove all USB entries, refresh, map them plugging in a USB(C) delete not used entries and export (look at the screenshots on my GitHub). Put the SSDT-UIAC.aml that Hackintool generated in the ACPI folde, enable it in the config.plist and restart. If done correctly all USBs should be mapped correctly

Not sure if the sound will be working you might need to switch to AppleALC

I need to wrap my head around Hackintool, etc... but as of now, USB ports are working, since I've installed "Wireless-USB-Adapter" and hooked up a WiFi-dongle which works, USB-C seems not to. Since I disabled BT in BIOS, I've to renable and test it. Audio is there but muffled (youtube). Don't know if it's DRM related or I need to fix it as you suggested with AppleALC. I'll keep you informed (y)

EDIT: Bluetooth works!

Last edited:
Say good bye to Intel process and unknown path down the road for hackintosh lovers! Apple is pushing his own chip for tighter control of its product! Might be wrong topic here but i had to talk about! I apologize.
Lol chill out they promised support for intel based mac and up to 2020, mac are still intel based. Meaning it would take 7-8 years for them to deny support for intel. Until then chill outtt.

I need to wrap my head around Hackintool, etc... but as of now, USB ports are working, since I've installed "Wireless-USB-Adapter" and hooked up a WiFi-dongle which works, USB-C seems not to. Since I disabled BT in BIOS, I've to renable and test it. Audio is there but muffled (youtube). Don't know if it's DRM related or I need to fix it as you suggested with AppleALC. I'll keep you informed (y)

EDIT: Bluetooth works!

The concept of Hackintool for USB is as simple as amazing
  • Boot with usbinjectall.kext only
  • Delete all USB entries in Hackintool
  • Refresh so you have all possible options
  • Put a USB2/3/C in each port so you know what port is what (lights up green)
  • HS means USB2 mapping and SS USB3 mapping. You also have internal (bluetooth) and USBC
  • Make sure you stay under 15 entries in total ( sum up HS+SS)
  • Delete the entries not used with -
  • Export
I wish this was clearer to me from the start because I lost a lot of time fiddling around with it but once you get the hang of it it is super simple.

Last edited:
Internal BT on OC5.9/8i5BEH doesn't work after sleep/wake? I'm not sure if my setting is wrong... I've set hibernatemode as 0.

Hi @Drfrag are you the developer of the kext, found in https://github.com/zxystd/itlwm ?
Can you perhaps kindly provide a pre-compiled Debug/Release version of the latest commits, please? I see there was some more improvements...
But I also see that your kext only supports Catalina, why not Mojave, is it too hard to include 10.14 as minimum version?
Thanks again!
Hi @konsti I am not a developer of this kext. I just downloaded it from source and compiled it. Yes I can try to compile the Debug version for you.

The concept of Hackintool for USB is as simple as amazing
  • Boot with usbinjectall.kext only
  • Delete all USB entries in Hackintool
  • Refresh so you have all possible options
  • Put a USB2/3/C in each port so you know what port is what (lights up green)
  • HS means USB2 mapping and SS USB3 mapping. You also have internal (bluetooth) and USBC
  • Make sure you stay under 15 entries in total ( sum up HS+SS)
  • Delete the entries not used with -
  • Export
I wish this was clearer to me from the start because I lost a lot of time fiddling around with it but once you get the hang of it it is super simple.

I did exactly as you told, but unfortunately the USB-C port is still not working. Although Hackintool found a type Of JHL6340 Thunderbolt 3 USB, but under "Series" it shows "Unknown" and under ID it shows "0x00". I plugged in the USB-installer through a USB-C dongle, and to verify that the dongle works, I rebooted. The EFI and "Install macos" partitions show up during OC, but not in macOS after that.

BTW Audio worked from the beginning, the muffled sound was due to DRM, since I opend a YT video which had some music at the beginning and this was muffled, everything else works fine.

Last edited:
Hello again. Can any of you help me? I have reinstalled MacOs Catalina on my Intel Nuc8i5beh with Open Core 5.9 and have updated the EFI folder on page 90 of the forum. But I still have the problem of HiDPI resolution. In the MAc Mini I have HiDPI 1080 60hz sample but in the NUC with the same monitor it doesn't let me. I think the problem comes from some version of the firmware adapter: 1.4d on the Nuc, while on the Mac Mini it is: 2.19
Do you know if that can be modified? I attach a couple of photos of the Nuc and the Mac Mini so you know what I'm talking about.
And finally, the sound from headphones sounds canned. It can be fixed?
I would greatly appreciate your help

I managed to fix the audio by replacing the EFI folder with the NUC8EFIOC5.8-2 folder on page 90. But I can't fix the 1080 HiDPI at 60hz. Can you help me? I put some photos with the differences between the Mac Mini and the Nuc8 with the same monitor. Thank you

I managed to fix the audio by replacing the EFI folder with the NUC8EFIOC5.8-2 folder on page 90. But I can't fix the 1080 HiDPI at 60hz. Can you help me? I put some photos with the differences between the Mac Mini and the Nuc8 with the same monitor. Thank you
You need to set up some grounds first. Obliviously the Mac Mini would work all the time since it is native support. Try this:
Get screenresx
Test if you can achieve 60hz on any other res (720,480...etc)
If it works then use the tool to force 1080 at 60
If it does not work test it on windows to see if its the port's fault. Try updating the firmware of the port. Try installing the graphics driver of iris 655 then switch to Mac to see if it works
I know that you want to mention that ur MacMini works to prove its innocence, but it's just SMBIOS - a hollow shell, it does not mean anything. Adding the comparison does not mean much for troubleshooting.
Keep narrowing down error zone then we can help you.

Thanks for answering tranvanbo2000. I have updated the firmware of the graphics in windows 10, but it has not worked. The funny thing is that in Windows 10 I can see the monitor in 4k at 60hz, but in the Nuc with Catalina it does not let me. It only shows me 960x540 (HiDPI) a 60hz, 4K and 1080 HiDPI at 30hz. Can it be forced in any way? Could you modify that with Hackintool?

Attachments

• IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Back