Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi.
Could you help me with a problem?
I have a NUC8i5 like you, but I can't get HiDPI 1080 resolution at 60hz. It only leaves me at 30Hz. My screen is 4k and in Windows 10 it does get 60Hz. In the Macmini 2018 that I have, it also lets me set 1080 HiDPI to 60hz. Where could the failure be? Thank you

Running the NUC7i3BNH and trying to get BT working. Can someone point me towards the post for enabling the internal USB headers? I'm trying to search for it and just can't find it.
Hoping someone can get me pointed in the right direction on this. Thanks!

Hi.
Could you help me with a problem?
I have a NUC8i5 like you, but I can't get HiDPI 1080 resolution at 60hz. It only leaves me at 30Hz. My screen is 4k and in Windows 10 it does get 60Hz. In the Macmini 2018 that I have, it also lets me set 1080 HiDPI to 60hz. Where could the failure be? Thank you
More information needed, what boot loader? How did you configure the Device Properties in your config.plist for graphics? Sometimes its just the monitor that OS X won't work well with.

Hoping someone can get me pointed in the right direction on this. Thanks!
If you are trying to use the internal headers then you must have some kind of device to attach to one of them. I'm guessing its an M2 adapter of some kind that needs USB for bluetooth, get that installed and then run Hackintool and use the USB tab. If the device is plugged in it will identified and on which port, then if you follow this guide you can properly configure its use.

More information needed, what boot loader? How did you configure the Device Properties in your config.plist for graphics? Sometimes its just the monitor that OS X won't work well with.

Thanks for answering, Leesureone. I have a 2018 Macmini i5 with Catalina and it shows without problem in HiDPI 1080 at 60hz, but in an Intel Nuc8i5beh with better graphics and connected to the same monitor and with the same cables it only shows the option of HiDPI 1080 of 30hz. I pass you my EFI folder in case you can help me. Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 136
Hi Leesureone,
Just wanted to confirm that your file NUC7EFIOC5.9.zip works fine on my NUC7i5BNH on Catalina 10.15.5 with Security Update. Just changed id for graphics 640 and booted without a hitch.
Thanks!

Okay, I removed the duplicate kexts, rebuilt the cache, edited my config.plist, rebooted... and it worked!

I had a feeling something like that happened after Migration Assistant, but I was hesitant to mess around in what I perceived as default OS directories. Thanks for your guidance.

I'm interested in running OpenCore, but I had some issues testing out your EFI zips via USB. I will try again now that my audio issues are out of the way. I'll post soon with more details.
it is very likely that Migration Assistant installed the hda enabler kext from your old system. as I said earlier, Apple says that kind of thing isn't supposed to happen but it's happened to me twice. the first time I thought it was a fluke; the second time I realized it was a bug ("undocumented feature") so I have stopped using migration assistant.

I would like to expose my experience using two simultaneous monitors on NUC8i7BEAH.
My first monitor (SAMSUNG S24D332) is a 75Hz monitor that was attached directly to the HDMI port on my NUC, but recently I purchased a new SAMSUNG C24FG7x 140Hz monitor and my problems started. The new monitor was connected directly to the HDMI port and the old one, through multi-port adapter on USB C.
During the initialization process, the two monitors turned on simultaneously and the image of the apple appeared on both monitors, however, moments before showing the password screen, the main monitor became black and than the screen turns to green and the second monitor showe colored stripes, demonstrated that something was very wrong.
Connecting the secondary monitor only after login, was ok the problem would not happen and I could use both monitors simultaneously.
I tried to inject the EDID of both through the Clover config and it didn't work. I created a kext for each monitor, injecting information from an Apple Display using the Hackintool tool, but that also didn't solve the problem. I noticed that ioreg now shows my monitor as an AppleDisplay.
The success came after I performed the NVRAM reset through the OC menu. This is strange because I tried to reset the NVRAM by Clover and nothing happened. It appears that the OC performs a deeper reset.
After resetting the NVRAM, the main monitor is turned on during boot and the secondary monitor shows images only after login.
Everything is perfect using Clover or OC.

If you are trying to use the internal headers then you must have some kind of device to attach to one of them. I'm guessing its an M2 adapter of some kind that needs USB for bluetooth, get that installed and then run Hackintool and use the USB tab. If the device is plugged in it will identified and on which port, then if you follow this guide you can properly configure its use.
As always, your assistance is invaluable! This fixed it right up. I had some trouble getting it to fully work, but I suspect it was because I had it in HS06 when I ran through this process. It seems to work halfway but not quite right. Moving the cable to HS05 did the trick.

Here's a pic for anyone else:

IMG_2220.jpeg

Back