Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

is anyone running on Bios 0078? On NUC8? any issues? my NUC8i5 is running on the latest, but not my i7. Have not noticed any difference, except different font on the BIOS.

I also noticed, there is a firmware update for the HDMI the the NUC8 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...for-NUC8i3BE-NUC8i5BE-NUC8i7BE?product=126148

I wonder if this will fix inability to boot with 2 monitors connected.
Do the HDMI firmware update and see. I think it helped me but its also dependant on connectors, cable quality and the monitors themselves.

Hi.
For an NUC8i3beh2 with clover, which plist and kext can i use?
My nuc has 8Gb RAM, SSD hard drive.
Thank you

Hi.
For an NUC8i3beh2 with clover, which plist and kext can i use?
My nuc has 8Gb RAM, SSD hard drive.
Thank you
Please see my post on page 90 of this thread

Hi all,
I would like to know if this 8th generation of NUC is capable of handling dual-monitors. My monitors are in a pretty standard configuration: 24", 1080p, 60Hz.
This is a very important criteria for me as well as dual-booting with Linux.

Hi all,
I would like to know if this 8th generation of NUC is capable of handling dual-monitors. My monitors are in a pretty standard configuration: 24", 1080p, 60Hz.
This is a very important criteria for me as well as dual-booting with Linux.
They can with some caveats. Not all monitors behave the same so your experience may vary. You may or may not be able to boot with both connected, sometimes you have to connect the second monitor after.

Last edited:
They can with some caveats. Not all monitors behave the same so your experience may vary. You may or may not be able to boot with boot connected, sometimes you have to connect the second monitor after.
:problem:
What could be the factors that can influence on it? Or is it just like playing the Russian roulette?

What could be the factors that can influence on it? Or is it just like playing the Russian roulette?

Not sure, I think this is a known problem with NUC8 unfortunately. i don't use dual monitors, but the time I did, I was not able to boot with both connected. I have a LG 4k and the other monitor was just my Sony TV. Hopefully someone could figure this one out.

You could just boot with one monitor then connect the other, though it kinda sounds unfeasible for daily use.

I have no problems on my NUC5i7RYH booting on dual monitors for some reason.

If you had two newer monitors that supported HDMI and Display Port I’d say your chances were good but there have been documented issues from the start. I can boot with both connected and they work fine but they are both the same kind.

Another update with the current OC 5.8 EFI, my NUC8i7BEH has become very unstable, BT becomes unresponsive. Have to connect a regular mouse and keyboard. Lately, everything becomes unresponsive needing to hold power button.
I tried deleting intelBT kext (snapshot on proper tree to update config.plist) disabling Intel BT from BIOS menu. then connected an external IOGear USB BT adapter instead, but same results. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm going back to OC 5.7, didn't have any issues with BT then.

No issues with same EFI on my NUC8i5BEH, strange. these machines have their own personalities, I swear! no such thing as twin NUCS!

I may just rebuild a whole new EFI with OC 5.8 from open core guides, we'll see what happens.

Anyone also having problems with BT?

Last edited:
Hi Leesureone,

First of all, thanks for your wonderful work. I am new to Hackintosh. By using your EFI Folders, I've managed to get almost everything working.

I have a NUC7i7BNH, and tried Opencore 5.7, Opencore 5.8 and Clover. It's working 99%. The only issue is with headphone Jack. The sound is crackling and have too much noise. If I play a song, we can barely hear the singer's voice.

I've tried to find a solution by reading the forum. Wanted to try codeccommander but I didn't manage to use it ?

Can you please guide me to solve this issue ?

Thanks
Riyas

Last edited:
Back