Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I was wondering if anyone has connected o 4k@120hz monitor to the nuc8i7beh? Can Iris 655 drive a 4k monitor with 120hz refresh rate?

I was wondering if anyone has connected o 4k@120hz monitor to the nuc8i7beh? Can Iris 655 drive a 4k monitor with 120hz refresh rate?
It can Thundercat :)thumbup:) but results can vary by monitor. Here's what my display report shows:

4K.png

Good evening, everyone.

Everything works perfectly now.

my configuration:
NUC8I5BEH2
RAM : 16Go
Bios: BECFL357.86A.0078
EFI file: NUC8EFIOC5.8-2
- HDMI : OK
- AIRPLAY: OK.
- USB: OK
- SDCARD: OK
- SOUND: OK
- Bluetooth: OK with TP-LINK dongle UB400
- Keyboard + Apple Bluetooth trackpad: OK
- Lan Ethernet: OK
- Sleep and restart: OK

Thank you very much for your wonderful job.

The bluetooth in the Nuc works perfectly fine with the intelBluethoothfirmware. Did you give that a shot?

And with the TP-Link dongle, do you have connection in at Opencore picker screen?

Hibernate is not working in Catalina 10.15.4. When my NUC wakes from hiberate, it will freeze/hang after 10 seconds later. I have to power off the NUC manually. But this feature worked in Mojave before. Do you have any suggestion so I can try ? Thank you in advance!

My specs:
- NUC8i5BEH
- Catalina 10.15.4
- Using latest Clover, drivers and kexts
- Using updated config.plist in page 90.
Are you just using my config.plist or the whole Clover EFI folder? Sleep/Wake are typically related to USB port Limit patching gone wrong or being incomplete. I've got an SSDT-UAIC.aml that works for my i5 that is part of the EFI folder you can try first.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. Actually I want to mention to Sleep/Wake function, not Hibernation (sorry about that). I will replace the SSDT-UAIC.aml and post my result soon.

Sorry for my late response.

I tried to copy all SSDT patch, but it still didn't work.

Then I found that USBInjectAll.kext are not located in /Library/Extension/ . Maybe I have deleted them before. But for some reason, Clover have not injected USBInjectAll.kext when booting (I guest so).

So I manually copy this kext into /L/E/ , fix permission, rebuild kextcache. Now my NUC can sleep/wake without freeze.

Thank for your help and USB-related suggestion @Leesureone !

Then you can try one of my EFI folders on your USB Boot drive.

thank you for your help

everything work fine
I upgrade from Mojave to Catalina without problem even EFI don't change

only Bluetooth don't work
oc give me this message

Code:
00:000 00:000 OC: Prelink injection IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext (Bluetooth Firmware) - Invalid Parameter

Sorry for my late response.

I tried to copy all SSDT patch, but it still didn't work.

Then I found that USBInjectAll.kext are not located in /Library/Extension/ . Maybe I have deleted them before. But for some reason, Clover have not injected USBInjectAll.kext when booting (I guest so).

So I manually copy this kext into /L/E/ , fix permission, rebuild kextcache. Now my NUC can sleep/wake without freeze.

Thank for your help and USB-related suggestion @Leesureone !
I usually recommend installing all kexts to Clover/Kexts/ Other. If that's working for you now that's fine but it may hinder upgrading OS X. Glad you got it sorted though.

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
thank you for your help

everything work fine
I upgrade from Mojave to Catalina without problem even EFI don't change

only Bluetooth don't work
oc give me this message

Code:
00:000 00:000 OC: Prelink injection IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext (Bluetooth Firmware) - Invalid Parameter
I'm not sure your wireless/bluetooth card is supported by that kext. I believe this is what you have "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC vPro 8265" based on your signature. Isn't it a replaceable M2 card? If so you have other options.

These are the device IDs supported:

IntelBluetoothFirmware is a Kernel Extension that uploads Intel Wireless Bluetooth Firmware to provide native Bluetooth in macOS. The firmware binary files are com from the Linux Open Source Project.

After a few months of public testing, it seems like this Kext works well and stable. Currently it supports macOS 10.13 or higher, supported device ids are:

• 0x8087, 0x0a2a
  • 0x8087, 0x07dc
  • 0x8087, 0x0aa7
  • 0x8087, 0x0025
  • 0x8087, 0x0aaa
  • 0x8087, 0x0026
  • 0x8087, 0x0029
  • 0x8087, 0x0a2b

Hi Leesureone,

I modified your EFI folder for NUC7 OC5.8 to include CPU temperature and fan speed monitoring capabilities. I added smcprocessor and smcsuperio kext, updated virtualsmc and modified config.plist to load them. But it seems doesn't work properly, I tried fanny widget but it doesn't show cpu and fan speed information. Do I need to do something else?

Also, if you are interested, I have been testing the new kext for Intel wifi card (https://github.com/zxystd/itlwm). Although it need improvement (ssid and wifi password are hardcode, upload speed is very low, ...) It can be loaded from OC without problem.

Back