Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Quick question. I want to update from 15.1 to 15.2 but have no idea if it is secure to do it. I'm using an Intel Nuc 7I3BNH.
Thanks in advance

Quick question. I want to update from 15.1 to 15.2 but have no idea if it is secure to do it. I'm using an Intel Nuc 7I3BNH.
Thanks in advance
Should be fine

Should be fine
Thanks!! Is just that my dad uses the NUC. I made it for him as a present. But he has work documents on there. That was why I asked before updating. I have a backup of everything but wanted to make sure.

+1

If unzipping CATNUC8EFI to the EFI partition of the USB flash drive, it doesn't boot (no icon). I used an older version and updated CLOVER to make it work. CATNUC8EFI works fine when unzipped to the EFI partition of the hard drive, though. Thanks for your great work, NUC works flawlessly :)
I think I know why or have a theory. Try this version instead and let me know.

Attachments

• CatNUC8 EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 254
I think I know why or have a theory. Try this version instead and let me know.

Thank you, works like a charm :) Can you elaborate on that?

I assume, it can also be used as the final version for the SSD, right?

I had to add HFSplus.efi back into the drivers section, yes it will work on your hardrive as wellI

Hi @Leesureone

I used your EFI from Post #894 to do a clean install of Catalina 10.15.2 on my NUC8i7BEH

Setup went fine but I have a problem with ethernet.
I‘m struggling with massive speed drops. When downloading something it starts with high speed (in my case about 10 MiB/s) and after some seconds it suddenly drops down to <100 KiB/s

In most cases it results in downloads which suddenly abort or websites which fail to load completely.

I really hope that someone can help me here

Hi @Leesureone

I used your EFI from Post #594 to do a clean install of Catalina 10.15.2 on my NUC8i7BEH

Setup went fine but I have a problem with ethernet.
I‘m struggling with massive speed drops. When downloading something it starts with high speed (in my case about 10 MiB/s) and after some seconds it suddenly drops down to <100 KiB/s

In most cases it results in downloads which suddenly abort or websites which fail to load completely.

I really hope that someone can help me here
Try this first
"Disable "PCIe ASPM Support" in BIOS "Secondary Power Settings" section

@Leesureone You are my hero! Ethernet works flawlessly now! Thank you very very much for this advice :)

Thanks in advance
How did you update from Mojave to Catalina?

Greetings
schlotterp

Back