Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hi @spottsy, I found this post here in Tonymac but its the only thing I can find regarding Clover no longer being hosted on Sourceforge. Sounds legit. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/updating-clover.285612/#post-2022650

I use terminal commands whenever possible

Yeah I found some other posts confirming the move. I read all the posts in the link you posted. Seems that a change of the guard on some of the development of kexts and clover has happened. Rehabman is mentioned too. I read some other threads on Rehabman looks like he suddenly disappeared without a word. He did a massive amount of work which is truly amazing. His last update on his Github was June 2019.

Thanks for the link @Leesureone

exist any way how fix imessage, and another program ? because I did everything tutorials on ethernet and nothing doesn't work. Work it for example few minutes then I get Frame about Contact support or it not working after restart.

These are CPU tests (single & multi core). Geekbench can also run a compute test (OpenCL) which is more for the GPU.
Try this EFI folder and then rerun the benchmark. Changed memory drivers, eliminated the boot argument lilucpu=10 and updated Clover. In Geekbench 4 I didn't make any difference but it almost doubled the result in 5. Its just a benchmark but maybe it will help in game play.

Geek Bench 5 Compute.pngGeek Bench 5 Compute Comparison.png

Attachments

• New NUC8 EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The simplest thing is reset your bios to default and then apply the various recommended settings at the beginning of the guide from Rehabman. Either that or try a different mouse, USB should be working. If all else fails go into the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and empty the contents (save a copy for later) then empty the trash and reboot.

Ok, so it turned out that my 3d connexion CAD mouse is having problems with the driver in Mojave. Luckily I had a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse lying around which allowed me to finish the install of Mojave, which works fine now.
The CAD Mouse only functions sometimes. At the moment it works, hopefully it stays that way (I followed this guide: 3D Connexion CAD Mouse Mojave ) otherwise I'll give up and just use the Logitech Mouse.

Now the only other two things giving me issues are:

-the Headphone jack (very quiet, weak, kind of crackling audio)
I tried the suggestions from post #901 and #1208 already, but the problem persists.
(Since I am using the NUC as an audio workstation I have an external Audio Interface anyway, so I probably won't need the Headphone jack).

-when I start up or shut down the NUC the screen flickers green for a few seconds (this only started a few hours after installing Mojave, I might have destroyed something wile trying to solve the audio issue unfortunately.
I tried suggestions from post #1209 already, but the flickering did not go away.

I'll give it another shot, lets see if those things are solvable.
Thank you!

Edit:
The CAD Mouse has issues when using it via an USB Switch. when plugged directly on the NUC USB Port it works fine if the 3D connexion driver is installed.

The Screen Flicker shows up when I use one of the 60hz HDMI ports on my Monitor (LG MN 43MU79-B). When I use one of the 30hz HDMI Ports it does not flicker, have to look into that a bit more.

Last edited:
Hey @dan111. You narrowed it down to a USB issue by trying a different output. A couple ways to go, buy an HDMI to DP cable. It won't fix the USB C issue but I bet it will sleep and not reboot. The other thing you can try, if you are using my EFI Folder, is removing the SSDT-TYPC-NUC8-BC from the EFI/ ACPI/patched folder and rebooting. If that doesn't work you may need to create a USB SSDT for your specific box.

View attachment 432467

Hey,
It did not help :(
I cannot fix the restart after waking from sleep :'(
BTW, Do I need the folder "_MACOSX." in the EFI section? (it was in your zip from page 91)
And another question - How do I prevent my mac from sleeping?

1572109546553.png

Thank you

Hey,
It did not help :(
I cannot fix the restart after waking from sleep :'(
BTW, Do I need the folder "_MACOSX." in the EFI section? (it was in your zip from page 91)
And another question - How do I prevent my mac from sleeping?

View attachment 432758

Thank you
No, no idea how you ended up with the _MACOSX folder, I just downloaded it myself and after unzip its just the EFI Folder itself. I gave you several suggestions before to follow...same hold true now, don't know what you tried.

Try this EFI folder and then rerun the benchmark. Changed memory drivers, eliminated the boot argument lilucpu=10 and updated Clover. In Geekbench 4 I didn't make any difference but it almost doubled the result in 5. Its just a benchmark but maybe it will help in game play.

View attachment 432722View attachment 432723
Didn't improve the performance, but I kept the EFI because it has updated clover :).
I myself need to add boot args "slide=0" or my hackintosh will never boot, I'm the only one who needs this it seems.
I also change the clover theme to "Mojave" (need to look for a Catalina one :)) and set default boot volume to my HD and set the timeout to 0 so I have a very native Mac feeling (no clover, only when I need it on key press)

Fyi, my geekbench results:

BEFORE
Geekbench4:
Single: 5742
Multi:19824
Compute: 38245

Geekbench5:
Single: 1170
Multi: 4713
Compute: 8474

AFTER
Geekbench4: